“Plush, resort feel, with modern decor and ammenities.”

Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Great choices near by for everything you could need, but you could choose to stay within the hotel and have everyting taken care of for you. Absolutely gerogeous modern decor, and extrememly quite. The pool is wonderful. I highly recommend this to anyone: well worth the value. Felt like a private cabana stay; extremely sound proof. Shower is graniet. Lovely! Staff very pleasant and helpful. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 28, 2010

I brought my son to visit Wheaton College and located this hotel on the web. It was comparably priced, but provided excellence in accommodations. A delightful weekend.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2010

We chose this hotel specifically because it was pet friendly and appeared to be an upscale property, and we were not disappointed in either regard. We were traveling with four cats as part of a 1,000-mile move to a new city.

We stayed in a king-sized room. The room was very clean and all the furnishings were of high quality. I greatly appreciated the fact that there was no pet "fee", and you only incur pet charges if your pet causes damage. We paid no extra charges in regard to our pets.

We ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant. With the 15 percent discount for hotel guests, we paid $43 (with tip) for a beer, a cocktail and two entrees (no appetizers or dessert). The food was good but not superb. We ate there partly because there are no decent "sit-down" restaurants nearby.

We also ate at the hotel for breakfast, and I highly recommend the cornflake-crusted french toast with fresh fruit! My husband used the hotel's workout room and enjoyed the fact that the equipment was new and all of it was in working order. He did mention that it was unfortunately very warm.

Some downsides to the hotel are that you must pay for Internet access in your room ($10 a day) and the bathroom was a little small. Also, this is an urban hotel in a business-type neighborhood, so there are not any scenic views in the surrounding area.

We would definitely stay here again when traveling with our pets. It is the nicest pet-friendly hotel we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This hotel offers a welcoming feel with luxurious decor and comfortable rooms. The staff are very pleasant. The onsite fitness center offers state of the art strength and cardio equipment. The onsite restaurant offers a high quality food choice and an extremely relaxing atmosphere. I stayed here for 6 weeks and absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I stayed there for 2 nights (Oct 2009). The Hotel's restaurant is beautiful and cozy, and the food deserves 5**** , specially for the awesome buttermilk pancakes.
The hotel is pretty far from O'Hare airport; it took around 40 min and USD 60,00 by taxi. But If you have some business to do within Lombard/Glen Ellyn area, I would definately recommend this hotel to you. In case you have some hours off, rent a car (or get a cab) and visit the Outlet Mall in Aurora City, which is around 20-25 miles away.
My compliments to the whole staff, which made me feel very confortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rodrigomspinho
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I was looking for a special place for my husband and I to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, and was planning a getaway up in Wisconsin, but was intrigued by this nearby new hotel and stopped in for a look. Once I took the tour, I knew I had found the perfect place for us to enjoy . The hotel was built with eco-consciousness, and it shows in many details. First and foremost, the beds and room were designed with the expertise of a sleep doctor, with incredibly comfortable beds that allowed me to sleep straight through the night. Thoughtful touches like lavender air mist, ear plugs, and eye cover are included to create a wonderful sleep environment. The room itself was spotless, and being in the "quiet zone" of the hotel, we didn't need those earplugs. We enjoyed the roomy shower with 2 large shower heads in our corner king suite. The separate tub was great and filled very fast.

The hightlight of this hotel is the exception pool constructed with exquisite materials. It is beautifully designed and set in an absolutely lovely setting. We had the pleasure of having this pool all to ourselves--very fun and relaxing.

The hotel restaurant, Glen Prarie, was great. Again stylish yet very comfortable, with a focus on great food locally and seasonally sourced. Many items including wines were organically farmed. They have been recognized in Chicago Magazine for their efforts.

I still can't believe this kind of quality place is right in my hometown (of Lombard/Glen Ellyn.) Althought it is located right on busy Roosevelt Road, once you get inside it is like you have stumbled upon an understated, refined, well thought out calming oasis.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tommom53
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My stay at the Crowne Plaza was outstanding. They definitely exceeded my expectations. The outside was a little disappointing. When I drove up I was wondering what I had gotten myself in to. It appeared run down and old. As soon as I walked inside, my perception immediately changed. It was very nice inside. The bar is gorgeous. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The added free happy hour was nice. The gym and indoor pool were perfect for me. The only things I had wished for were a microwave near the vending area and Free internet. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!