All reviews decent restaurant hotel restaurant is the pool looked nice very nice hotel visit family clean rooms easy access wedding reception coffee maker bed was very comfortable chicago area lobby glen ihg granite refrigerator event
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This hotel offers a welcoming feel with luxurious decor and comfortable rooms. The staff are very pleasant. The onsite fitness center offers state of the art strength and cardio equipment. The onsite restaurant offers a high quality food choice and an extremely relaxing atmosphere. I stayed here for 6 weeks and absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I stayed there for 2 nights (Oct 2009). The Hotel's restaurant is beautiful and cozy, and the food deserves 5**** , specially for the awesome buttermilk pancakes.
The hotel is pretty far from O'Hare airport; it took around 40 min and USD 60,00 by taxi. But If you have some business to do within Lombard/Glen Ellyn area, I would definately recommend this hotel to you. In case you have some hours off, rent a car (or get a cab) and visit the Outlet Mall in Aurora City, which is around 20-25 miles away.
My compliments to the whole staff, which made me feel very confortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rodrigomspinho
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I was looking for a special place for my husband and I to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, and was planning a getaway up in Wisconsin, but was intrigued by this nearby new hotel and stopped in for a look. Once I took the tour, I knew I had found the perfect place for us to enjoy . The hotel was built with eco-consciousness, and it shows in many details. First and foremost, the beds and room were designed with the expertise of a sleep doctor, with incredibly comfortable beds that allowed me to sleep straight through the night. Thoughtful touches like lavender air mist, ear plugs, and eye cover are included to create a wonderful sleep environment. The room itself was spotless, and being in the "quiet zone" of the hotel, we didn't need those earplugs. We enjoyed the roomy shower with 2 large shower heads in our corner king suite. The separate tub was great and filled very fast.

The hightlight of this hotel is the exception pool constructed with exquisite materials. It is beautifully designed and set in an absolutely lovely setting. We had the pleasure of having this pool all to ourselves--very fun and relaxing.

The hotel restaurant, Glen Prarie, was great. Again stylish yet very comfortable, with a focus on great food locally and seasonally sourced. Many items including wines were organically farmed. They have been recognized in Chicago Magazine for their efforts.

I still can't believe this kind of quality place is right in my hometown (of Lombard/Glen Ellyn.) Althought it is located right on busy Roosevelt Road, once you get inside it is like you have stumbled upon an understated, refined, well thought out calming oasis.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tommom53
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My stay at the Crowne Plaza was outstanding. They definitely exceeded my expectations. The outside was a little disappointing. When I drove up I was wondering what I had gotten myself in to. It appeared run down and old. As soon as I walked inside, my perception immediately changed. It was very nice inside. The bar is gorgeous. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The added free happy hour was nice. The gym and indoor pool were perfect for me. The only things I had wished for were a microwave near the vending area and Free internet. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank pudgeisaac
Reviewed October 2, 2009

The feel of the rooms was like a boutique new york style hotel but w/plenty of room. The sheets were clean and crisp. We had the two room suite and i slept on the pull out bed and slept as soundly as my buddy who had the huge king size bed. I should have led w/this but the staff was terrific. From the moment we checked in they made us feel welcomed (and considering we had come back to GE for our 30th HS reunion it was nice to be made to feel at 'home'). The bar and restaurant had a warmth and charm that was above the the typical hotel feel. But really it all came down to the staff of the hotel that made our stay so nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends