“Great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
myrtle beach
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

The feel of the rooms was like a boutique new york style hotel but w/plenty of room. The sheets were clean and crisp. We had the two room suite and i slept on the pull out bed and slept as soundly as my buddy who had the huge king size bed. I should have led w/this but the staff was terrific. From the moment we checked in they made us feel welcomed (and considering we had come back to GE for our 30th HS reunion it was nice to be made to feel at 'home'). The bar and restaurant had a warmth and charm that was above the the typical hotel feel. But really it all came down to the staff of the hotel that made our stay so nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It's really nicely redecorated and the service is superb. The proper detail of each room is very inviting.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracey S
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Glen Ellyn Lombard for 2 nights (a Friday and Saturday) in May, 2009. We chose this location because we didn't want to pay so much to stay (and park) in downtown Chicago, and wanted someplace with a nice indoor pool. We were not disappointed - can't say enough great things about this place!

We were *extremely* pleased with the clean, fresh, modern decor of everything, as well as the friendly staff. Our room was impeccably clean and the bed/linens were incredibly comfy! Literally, the ONLY issue during our stay was that the switch in the bathroom to turn on the fan and shower light did not work. It wasn't that important to us, so we didn't report it until we were checking out, so I can't comment as to how fast it would have been fixed.

I used the pool once (in the morning around 8 AM) and it was very inviting and clean, plus I had it all to myself. I didn't use the fitness center, but walked by it on the way to the pool and it looked very nice.

There is no breakfast included at this hotel, but they did give us a 15% off coupon for the Glen Prairie restaurant which is attached. We looked at the menu and thought it looked good, but did not end up going there. Instead, we tried Maxfield's Pancake House (just down the street) and were very pleased with that.

Be aware that using the wireless internet in the room will cost you $9.99 per 24 hours. We found it to have good signal strength and speed in our room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cpgel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, May 8, 2009
We are very excited to share our new hotel with travelers and I would like to thank you for choosing us. We look forward to your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2008

I took the advice of other Trip Advisor reviewers and booked this hotel for two nights.

I'm still raving at not only the incredible customer service the hotel provided, but also the affordable price given the modern design.

This is not like any other Crowne Plaza I have stayed in. I felt like I was staying at a downtown Chicago hotel.

The one feature I must mention is the in-room entertainment system. It is nothing like I have ever used. Basically for a flat fee (of $10 I think), I had unlimited acccess to all the high definition movies (adult and hollywood), full high speed access to the web with the in -room keyboard and mouse remote, the system also let me work (and print) my word and powerpoint documents thru a flash card. There were some other features I did not get a chance to play around with, like print my boarding pass.

Lastly, I am not sure about the previous review regarding the size of the bathroom, because I had a very large bathroom, so I guess I had different type room.

I hoep to be back soon.

• Liked — Moder,sleek lookand feel
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank hiijacker
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

I was in the area (Westchester) for a week of work and stayed at this Crowne Plaza. I was pleasantly surprised and very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel room was comfortable and all furnishings were brand new. As a woman traveling alone I often take into account the safety of each hotel I stay at and there were no problems at this Crowne Plaza and the neighborhood was just fine.

Like the other reviewer my only complaint was that the bathroom was quite small. This was really no problem for me since I was traveling alone, but adding a second person to the bathroom would have been impossible.

The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. Overall my stay was great from start to finish.

• Liked — Clean new hotel!
  • Disliked — Small bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2008

Arrived at this new Crowne Plaza on a Saturday from O'Hare Airport, about a 30 minute drive with marginal traffic. I was visiting friends nearby, and this hotel is about 1 mile from the nice little town of Glen Ellyn--although the hotel itself is on non-descript Rte. 38, away from the little town's center. I drove east into downtown Chicago for a Saturday evening function and the traffic on Rte 38 to I-290E to downtown Chicago is nightmarish--a 20 mile trip took 1 hour, 15 minutes.

I understand the hotel has only been open for a few weeks, and is still in a "soft opening" status, according to the front desk. Hotel is decorated in a chic, sparse, style, especially the lobby, with a modern, small gas fireplace. The ground floor indoor pool looked very nice, and there was a wedding reception planned in the small meeting rooms off of the lobby. The room my wife and I stayed in was nicely appointed, with a very comfortable king bed, large screeen TV, and new everything. My down-checks were that the bathroom was VERY small--the inward swinging bathroom door almost touches the toilet; and the clothes closet is nothing more that a drapery covering a clothes hanging rack. The designers of the rehab of this former Holiday Inn missed the boat on the bathroom.

The hotel restaurant seemed nice, and the staff eager, but we had plans elsewhere. Because my rate was under $100 with tax, it was a great value over paying 3X in center city Chicago, but if you are traveling to downtown Chicago, traffic is a concern.

• Liked — New, clean lines. Attractive, new pool facilities.
  • Disliked — Miniscule bathroom. More like a Manhattan studio bathroom than a normal size!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!