All reviews hotel restaurant is the pool looked nice very nice hotel visit family clean rooms easy access wedding reception coffee maker bed was very comfortable chicago area lobby ihg granite refrigerator event meeting sofa
Reviewed July 10, 2016

It does tell the Crowne Plaza's typical modern exterior and lobby area, but the hallway and rooms reflect it is a lower class property under IHG chain. I booked 2 rooms and both looked old and worn out. Compare to Crowne Plaza in Asia, this one is definitely so disappointing :(

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near vending machine
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank TheSusilos
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Dear TheSusilos,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry if our hotel fell below your expectations. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 26, 2016

the hotel is ok. the room are in te range of expectation for a Crowne plaza. Moreover they do have a nice and large swimming pool, opened at 7am, and a small fitness center.
personnal was nice and i had a diner in the hotel restaurant that was also ok.
we used a couple of hours a meeting room on the next morning.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
dmunasinghe2018, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Again, thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Dee Munasinghe
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

Very nicely remodeled rooms. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Shoutout to Dee.
There were a couple issues ( electrical outlets attached to bed lamp did not work. Also, both treadmills need belt tightening. The slipping belts can be very dangerous)
Staff was advised of issues, seemed genuinely concerned and said they would get it fixed. I'm sure they will.
Would recommend.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Friendly staff, very helpful, however be aware I have stayed at countless hotels as a result of my job (including 15 or 20 in the area) and this is not a 3 1/2 star hotel. We checked out prematurely as a result. The hotel did give us a refund.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank StevieB
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Dear StevieB,

Thank you for taking time to write your review about our hotel. We are pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Our goal is to consistently provide excellent guest experiences but it is unfortunate to see that this stay was not up to your standards.

Your concerns have been taken note of and I am confident that our hotel will take the necessary action to improve guest satisfaction. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask the manager on duty. We look forward to serving you again.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 25, 2016

My sister and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for six nights while I was attending a class and she was visiting Chicago. First, the staff was outstanding. Kathy, our driver, was so accommodating, and all the staff made extra efforts to assist my sister when she had medical difficulties.

Little things matter. Like being loaned plates from the restaurant to microwave your leftover dinner. Like having good exercise equipment. Like having maps of running routes in the area. Like having wait staff that remembered I like decaf at breakfast the second day I was there.

The room was very comfortable, very spacious, with lots of room for two of us to spread out. My only miniscule complaint? The wifi was slow, and tended to bounce me off on occasion in the evenings. Compared to the excellent service offered, this is a tiny issue. I highly recommend this hotel, and thank the staff and management for their conscientious care of their guests.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
Destini W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Pastor Wendy,

Thank you for your kind words and for being our guest! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire Team, as it is only with honest feedback such as yours that we can ensure we are on the right track or identify areas for improvement. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are grateful!

As for improvement, we are having a Fiber cable installed in the near future that will dramatically improve our WiFi offering. We can't wait!! We hope you'll be back to see us again, if there is anything I can do to assist with any future reservations, please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally!

All the best to you,