“Great night's sleep” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Indianapolis
“Great night's sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely hotel. It is obviously an older hotel but has been redone with very high end finishes and great design. The room was spacious although the bathroom was tight. Even so, the bathroom was newly designed to make the best possible use of the space available. We took advantage of the suggestion of another post and asked for a room away from Roosevelt and didn't hear any traffic noise or any noise for that matter. The desk staff was very professional and attentive. We had the breakfast buffet and found it average but there is also a menu that looked much better. On a weekend morning the restaurant seemed understaffed - however the wait staff were very professional and friendly. The buffet was adequate, and the fruit was better than average. The eating area was superior to most hotel breakfast bars.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Carl C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Chardob,

I saw your comment regarding a previous review and I am glad this helped you during your stay! I also noticed that you stated our breakfast buffet was just average. I want to let you know that we don't like average here at the Crowne Plaza and as in a previous review I have already addressed the buffet issues with my restaurant manager and chef so you can expect immediate improvement in this area. I always say that average gets noticed but quality creates loyalty and the Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers grove is about quality! I also want to thank you for the kind comments about our staff we have a great team here and it shows!

Thank you again!

Carl C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Wadsworth, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I always stay here when I come into town. The service is great and the rooms are great. The best part is the free shuttle service. Kathy is a great asset to this place. She's always on time and always friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear JoshT,

Thank you very much for always staying with us! I will pass your comments onto Kathy as well as the rest of the staff.

Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel , very good bed & bath , wonderful shower !
Nice staff.
Free parking and wi-fi .
Small but complete gym , amazing indoor pool .
Absolutely , I 'll return to this hotel in my next visit to Chicago.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carl C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Hey Renata O!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our amazing pool! Thank you for the kind comment regarding our staff and we hope to see you return soon!

Kind regards,

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Never stayed here before but it appears that it's an older hotel that's has gone through some major renovation. The outside is pretty "meh" but walk though the doors and all that changes. Outside: glass and masonry exterior, tight parking spaces, feel like you're really close to the main street. Inside: opulent, modern decor without the sounds of the rush hour traffic.

Room was VERY impressive. Super comfy king bed. Additional seating; sofa and chairs. Plenty of space for computer and paperwork needed for the business trip. Very posh bathroom decor and toiletries. Though the hallways seem a bit narrow (again, I believe this is an older hotel rehab) I was not able to hear much noise from others walking down the hallway. Large flat screen TV.

Extra points for their recycling initiative! There's a paper bag provided that you are instructed to place your recyclables inside. The first time I've ever encountered recycling like this in a hotel. Usually you can expect to be asked to conserve water by keeping your sheets and towels but this move takes them up a notch in my book.

The only thing to remember is that you are VERY close to the main street so if you're on a lower floor, remember to close the drapes before undressing or you might cause an accident on the roadway.

If you stay here, you WILL need a vehicle. Though there is shopping and restaurants nearby, it's not what I would consider a pedestrian friendly roadway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi Kismgby!

What a great thing to read that you were impressed when you walked into the hotel! I am glead that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our recycle program as we go to great lengths to try and conserve. I hope you also noticed that we offer triple filtered water on all floors and try our best to stay away from water bottles. There are cups in all the vending areas which are also completely recyclable! You may not be aware that we offer a complimentary shuttle that will take you to all the local malls and shops and while a car would be nice you can get by extremely well without one.

Thanks for the review!

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was nice, lobby is decorated very well.

I checked in and went to my room to find no drinking water at all, refrigerator was empty and not even one water bottle in the room, After a long flight and commute to hotel first thing i has to do was to walk outside and find a place to buy water.

I guess hotels need to realize that it is a good gesture to at least offer one water bottle to guest so they don't have to run around looking for one immediately after checking in.

Room was clean, bath room was clean, hair dryers was not fitted on the wall so every time you need to use hair dryer you have to remove it from its case and plug it in.

Location is basically in middle of no where, there are couple of restaurants nearby and one supermarket is 10 mins walking distance away.

Complementary wifi was of good speed, no in room safety deposit box.

Hotel offers shuttle service within 7 miles of the hotel, I did not use this so cannot comment on it.

Decent hotel, only stay here if you have some business in this area otherwise no.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

thank you for bringing to our attention regarding the water. We have now placed water behind the front desk so upon your next visit if you would like one we have it available. The hotel is centrally located near Interstate 88, Interstate 355 toll road and Interstate 294. Only 5 minutes away is Yorktown Mall and 8 miles away is Oakbrook Mall. These malls contain movie theaters, a plethora of restaurants, Home Depot, Costco and many more. The great thing about our hotel it is all accessible by our complimentary shuttle! I hope when you visit us next time you can take advantage of our shuttle and all the businesses are has to offer.

Wishing you safe travels,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have to say, that I was pleased with the hotel. It does not have the normal Crowne Plaza look and feel, particularly as you are pulling into the driveway. On the other hand, this place really did offer the old Crowne Plaza comforts and service. The staff was friendly. The hosted happy hour was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LHeap,

Great to hear that you liked the hosted happy hour we have Monday-Thursday nights from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Sounds like you enjoyed the food and drinks along with the many people who attend. I will let the staff know of your comments!

Best regards,

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I had to travel to Chicago for business. We chose this hotel based upon reviews and cost. The positive reviews had it correct. Great value for this quality hotel. You won't be disappointed. The bed was very comfortable. And a little thing that both my wife and I found very effective - a clip specifically designed to hold the curtains closed so the light won't come in in the night! We were both impressed!

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside are quieter - but the noise from the street was a minimum.