All reviews decent restaurant hotel restaurant is the pool looked nice very nice hotel visit family clean rooms easy access wedding reception coffee maker bed was very comfortable chicago area lobby glen ihg granite refrigerator event
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Great place to stay in the Glen Ellyn area, and their prices are suprisingly affordable for what they offer here. Although there have been times the room accomodations did not match what we reserved, corrections were quickly made. Our keys stopped working during our stay as well, but this was also corrected easily for us.The hotel is modern and decently clean, quiet and has great furnishings. The pool is really fabulous. Rooms only accomodate 4, so if you have a larger family like ours you may need to book 2. Cute bar/restaurant there too, good appetizers. We have stayed numerous times at this hotel on visits from NY as we have family in the area.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and for sharing your feedback with other travelers looking to visit the Glen Ellyn area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We did not find the exterior of the hotel inviting so drove around looking for other places to stay. Came back and checked in .... WE WERE THRILLED with the interior and the wonderful staff. They even put us in the Quiet Zone when I explained that I am a light sleeper. We can't wait to go back. Totally loved the desk staff and the cozy room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

I am so glad you came and decided to give us a try. We love our hotel and enjoy sharing its beauty with our guests. The staff is wonderful and as a smaller boutique hotel we feel like everyone that comes to stay with us is part of the family. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

It is a very nice property, tastefully done, and the staff was incredibly responsive. First, I had to call to find out why the a/c wasn't working well. Second, I could not get the phone to disconnect. While I was still on the phone, trying to see if the operator could help me make the phone shut off but also send the engineer to fix the a/c, someone was at the door to help me with the phone. Yeah, that's right, within less than a minute. I wanted to leave the hotel and insisted the engineer come to my room within five minutes. Yup, he got there and explained they'd had a power outage in the morning and by the time I got back to the hotel, it would be as cold as I wanted it to be. And it was! The room was very clean and the mattress seemed to be new. If you need to be in that area of the Chicago suburbs, I think it is a good location -- near highways, stores, restaurants -- and the staff was the most responsive I've come across in a long time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for the great review, I apologize for the initial "troubles" but I am so glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and we certainly look forward to having you back.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a very nice mid-priced hotel in a convenient location. This was formerly a Holiday Inn but was completely rebuilt a couple of years ago and reopened as a Crowne Plaza. Nice rooms, very clean, free Internet and friendly service. Be sure to say "hi" to Luz or Rosa if they are working when you check in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

I'm glad you have enjoyed our beautiful rebuilding, I will be sure to share your kindness with Luz and Rosa. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

i was just on the sight getting ready to plan another trip,and i read the review for rose,the last 2 times i was there i never experienced anything like another person complained about. everybody i delt with was always very nice even got some free breakfast tickets.
try this place for yourself dont listen to a person who sounds mad at life. this is the only hotel chain i stay at and i travel 25-30 times a year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tim p
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Good morning Tim - Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate having you stay with us and look forward to a return trip.