“Almost missed it.”

Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We did not find the exterior of the hotel inviting so drove around looking for other places to stay. Came back and checked in .... WE WERE THRILLED with the interior and the wonderful staff. They even put us in the Quiet Zone when I explained that I am a light sleeper. We can't wait to go back. Totally loved the desk staff and the cozy room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

I am so glad you came and decided to give us a try. We love our hotel and enjoy sharing its beauty with our guests. The staff is wonderful and as a smaller boutique hotel we feel like everyone that comes to stay with us is part of the family. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove

Reviewed September 5, 2011

It is a very nice property, tastefully done, and the staff was incredibly responsive. First, I had to call to find out why the a/c wasn't working well. Second, I could not get the phone to disconnect. While I was still on the phone, trying to see if the operator could help me make the phone shut off but also send the engineer to fix the a/c, someone was at the door to help me with the phone. Yeah, that's right, within less than a minute. I wanted to leave the hotel and insisted the engineer come to my room within five minutes. Yup, he got there and explained they'd had a power outage in the morning and by the time I got back to the hotel, it would be as cold as I wanted it to be. And it was! The room was very clean and the mattress seemed to be new. If you need to be in that area of the Chicago suburbs, I think it is a good location -- near highways, stores, restaurants -- and the staff was the most responsive I've come across in a long time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for the great review, I apologize for the initial "troubles" but I am so glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and we certainly look forward to having you back.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a very nice mid-priced hotel in a convenient location. This was formerly a Holiday Inn but was completely rebuilt a couple of years ago and reopened as a Crowne Plaza. Nice rooms, very clean, free Internet and friendly service. Be sure to say "hi" to Luz or Rosa if they are working when you check in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

I'm glad you have enjoyed our beautiful rebuilding, I will be sure to share your kindness with Luz and Rosa. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

i was just on the sight getting ready to plan another trip,and i read the review for rose,the last 2 times i was there i never experienced anything like another person complained about. everybody i delt with was always very nice even got some free breakfast tickets.
try this place for yourself dont listen to a person who sounds mad at life. this is the only hotel chain i stay at and i travel 25-30 times a year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tim p
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Good morning Tim - Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate having you stay with us and look forward to a return trip.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Bascially I checked in and Rose Garcia the so called "Unexperienced Secretary was very rude at check in rude to other staff as well she asked me for a $500 cash deposit the des
was very messy her grooming wasnt great shes very unprofessional not classy had the desk a mess! wanted a king she gave me a double shes horrible!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sharonl L
IHGCare, ihg care at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear Sharonl L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience. IHGCare^bj

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed for business and found it to be Bright clean and in a good location. They have a hotel restaurant which is convenient too and manager reception with free drinks from 530 to 7pm. Rooms were nice but I found the hall ways noisy and could hear every time a door closed or even if people were talking softly.

• Stayed: August 2011

We appreciate your staying with us, I hope that next time your in the area you will choose the Crowne Plaza again. We have a "Quiet Zone" set aside on one of our floors. Please let me know your coming back and I can set aside a room for you there.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Very quiet. Had a great pool for my grand neice to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your posting. I do love the pool, it is so beautiful and relaxing. A great place for a few days away.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!