“i will be back”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Denver, Colorado
“i will be back”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

i was just on the sight getting ready to plan another trip,and i read the review for rose,the last 2 times i was there i never experienced anything like another person complained about. everybody i delt with was always very nice even got some free breakfast tickets.
try this place for yourself dont listen to a person who sounds mad at life. this is the only hotel chain i stay at and i travel 25-30 times a year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank tim p
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Good morning Tim - Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate having you stay with us and look forward to a return trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Bascially I checked in and Rose Garcia the so called "Unexperienced Secretary was very rude at check in rude to other staff as well she asked me for a $500 cash deposit the des
was very messy her grooming wasnt great shes very unprofessional not classy had the desk a mess! wanted a king she gave me a double shes horrible!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sharonl L
IHGCare, ihg care at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Sharonl L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience. IHGCare^bj
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed for business and found it to be Bright clean and in a good location. They have a hotel restaurant which is convenient too and manager reception with free drinks from 530 to 7pm. Rooms were nice but I found the hall ways noisy and could hear every time a door closed or even if people were talking softly.

• Stayed August 2011
We appreciate your staying with us, I hope that next time your in the area you will choose the Crowne Plaza again. We have a "Quiet Zone" set aside on one of our floors. Please let me know your coming back and I can set aside a room for you there.
Michigan
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Very quiet. Had a great pool for my grand neice to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your posting. I do love the pool, it is so beautiful and relaxing. A great place for a few days away.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Everything worked with this hotel. Friendly and efficient check in, plentiful safe free parking, decent restaurant (Simple but nice breakfast buffet for 14 dollars), spotless property. There's a good pool and a small exercise room that both looked good though I didn't use them. Free Internet. Room was big, clean, and the best part was that the third floor is a designated quiet floor. I never heard one peep. A sign said that housekeeping would not appear between 10:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. If only other hotels around the world would adopt this wise policy.

There's a good Greek Restaurant across the street where I had a fine meal.

Excellent firm, new beds. This hotel was comfortable and everything was spot on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank whitemountainman
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
I'm glad you enjoyed the third floor, next time your in the area and book a reservation we would love to designate a third floor room for you. We hope to see you again soon.
Georgetown, South Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The rooms like they had been recently refreshed, and as usual with Crowne Plaza properties, the staff were top notch.
Nice clean rooms, convenient location in the west suburbs, friendly staff and worth the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you back again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Building itself appears to be older style from the outside, but appears to be well-decorated and generally cared for inside. Lobby area spacious and trendy, if a bit sparsely decorated. Front Desk staff was attentively though perhaps a bit frazzled. Our rooms were just down the hallway so convenient and overall seemed fairly quiet (which I was slightly concerned about considering there were offices near my room - though I think the hotel was also overall quiet). I was also pleased that I didn't hear much street traffic in spite of being on a fairly busy street.

Rooms are generally nicely decorated, though a bit on the smallish side. In the two rooms I saw, I would be hesitant putting more than 2 people into either room (though, to be fair, one of our rooms was handicap accessible so to get a large enough bathroom you lose some bedroom space). Nice touches to the rooms include laptop-sized in-room safes and small refrigerators. I also liked the coffeemakers which allow you to make just one or two cups if that's all you desire. Bathrooms were well appointed and well decorated. Shower was nice and strong

I was able to sleep on the bed with relatively comfortable pillows, though the bed itself was a bit firm for my taste.

Perhaps on the downside is just tiny things that gave a slightly "unpolished" feel - we had two rooms and one of them had a connecting door. Our second room wasn't the connected one and, while the Front Desk was happy to move me there, I didn't get that room as the lock wouldn't work properly. Front Desk gave me the impression this was an ongoing problem. Layout of the room also, perhaps given the smallish size, was perfectly conducive to everything you might want to do in a room. Phones in room, which were cordless (and I'm not sure cordless is all that necessary in a hotel room), worked okay but "didn't feel right" - it's being a bit difficult to put my finger on exactly my concern, just that something felt a tiny bit off.

Neighborhood seemed safe and served my purposes fine, but clearly a residential area with little tourist reason to stay. I also didn't get the feeling this could be a "business" hotel as I didn't see much in the way of large businesses that might have need in the area - some local retail, a KMart, etc. Again, very residential geared to the point of wondering why there is a need for a hotel in such an area. That said, again it seemed quite safe.

Exercise room, while I got lazy and didn't partake, looked pretty decent - especially for a hotel. Cardio plus some weights, both machine and free weight.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!