All reviewsdecent restauranthotel restaurant isthe pool looked nicevery nice hotelvisit familyclean roomseasy accesswedding receptioncoffee makerbed was very comfortablechicago arealobbyglenihggraniterefrigeratorevent
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I spent one night at the Crowne Plaza in Glen Ellyn during April 2011. Finding the hotel was a bit of a challenge as it doesn't exactly appear hotel like from the outside. Once inside, the front desk made me feel right at home. The staff were professional and very helpful. This hotel is somewhat smaller than most Crowne Plazas that I have stayed at, but has all the basics.

My room was comfortable and quiet. The HVAC system worked well and I didn't wake up at all during the night. The bed, mattress and pillows were all of good quality. I enjoyed eating in the restaurant/bar on the ground floor. There was a simple but appealing menu in a nicely decorated restaurant with a good environment. Once again, the staff were professional and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again if given the choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thanks for spending time with us this weekend, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on tripadvisor.

Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed here for a early Father's Day surprise-a family trip to Chicago & soccer game at Toyota Park. I reserved adjoining rooms for our family (3 kids and an infant). The hotel provided one adjoining room which did not adjoin to our other room which ended up another floor! The hotel was unable to give us rooms that adjoined. When we returned back to our rooms after the soccer game, the air conditioner was stuck on in one of our rooms-even when the thermostat was set on to heat and on high, the hotel was unable to do anything for us-we were stuck with a freezing cold room and an infant. Our other room had the opposite problem-the room was was to hot. The hotel refused to send someone to fix the temperature problem. For a Crowne Plaza hotel we expected better service-the hotel refused to offer us any kind of compensation-not even a free breakfast-it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jeepkitty
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

I am terribly sorry that your celelbration ws not to your expectations, we strive to make each guest exprience the very best and we did not do so with you. I would love to speak with you directly please give the hotel a call and ask for the General Manager, I want to make things better and I look forward to talking to you.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

When we first pulled into the parking lot we wondered if we made a mistake - outside appeared "dated" but we were wrong! Inside the front door all our fears disappeared! Fantastic service, Excellent Front Desk personnel and check in was without any problems.We were upgraded from 2 Q beds to a King room suite due to need for double beds. The new room was awesome, very clean and comfortable. Great fitness facilities and pool. Couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The service and staff were very friendly and competent. Having a quality restaurant on site was very convenient ; service and food at both breakfast and dinner were much better than typical hotel fare.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I had the pleasure of having to stay in the western suburbs for an event. The interior of this hotel rivals an mid-upscale hotel in downtown Chicago. It has big windows, which are adequately covered by blackout shades when need be. The interior of the rooms are contemporary with a light blue and brown color scheme. The mini-bar cabinet with small refrigerator inside is really cool. Flat screen mounted on wall has great HD picture and can be seen well from entire room.

The pool is the best I've ever seen in a hotel- it's huge and actually gets almost 10 feet deep on the deep end. Only complaint with entire hotel is that there is not hot tub. Fitness center is well equipped and clean. One neat feature in the hotel is that they have purified water dispensers in the fitness center and on each floor. They have recyclable cups so you can take the filtered water to your room, rather than have to buy water bottles.

Restaurant is great- atypical for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple