All reviews hotel restaurant is the pool looked nice front desk staff very nice hotel visit family clean rooms easy access business trip wedding reception coffee maker bed was very comfortable chicago area lobby glen ihg granite roosevelt
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was in Chicago for a week including a week-end and needed a hotel that was central to my appointments but also convenient to the airport and whatever I decided to do over the week-end. I found this Crowne Plaza on the Priority Club site and after checking the reviews on Tripadvisor I booked in and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

I travel a lot for work so am a bit jaded with hotels generally, this one is different. I was made feel welcome from the moment I approached the Reception Desk. Luz and Rose are superstars and do a great job of managing first impressions. My room was spacious, clean and quiet. The guest reception in the lobby Mon - Thur is a great way to meet the staff and other weary travelers over a pre-dinner drink.

The real gem is their Glen Prarie Restaurant which would be a success even if it were not attached to the hotel which cannot be said for many hotel restaurants. The food is great, the prices are reasonable and the staff are great.

This is a very well run hotel, you can tell because everyone you deal with on staff is on the ball and very customer focused. If you find yourself in Chicago’s south or west this is a great option but you do need a car.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2010

The staff was great and attentive. Hotel looks nothing on the inside what you would think from looking at it from the outside. The hotel does offer a shuttle but there is not much to eat near by. You will need a car or to take the shuttle. You are minutes from the highway, Yorktown Mall, and Oakbrook mall. My only complaint would be for such a small hotel, the elevator is extremely slow.

Date of stay: December 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Fantastic staff and very attentive to needs. The best sleep I personally had for months...I thought I would be up all night the night before our wedding, but I slept so well in the comfy bed and enjoyed a very relaxing soak in the bathtub before getting ready in the morning! Thank you for taking care of all of our guests and of us! We had a wonderful stay and we will be back.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Clean, but dreary and the attempts at refurbishing are poor. Walls are paper-thin. You must have a car to stay here; there are no restaurants near the hotel. Meeting rooms are nice and the food at the meetings was good. Would not stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
cpgel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of our guest’s feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meeting and the food and beverage ordered for the meeting. The chef that prepares the food for meetings and banquets is also the Executive Chef for Glen Prairie Local Flavor, our award winning restaurant so whether you dine in a meeting, a banquet, the restaurant or even with Room service you will enjoy the highest of quality. The Crowne Plaza Glen Ellyn Lombard is very excited to maintain the highest of quality in all areas of the hotel and it has been our intention since opening to give our guests a superior traveling experience, spectacular guestrooms, excellent meeting experiences and award winning food and beverage so please feel free to contact the hotel to chat if you would like to discuss your stay.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Our daughter arrived several hours before my wife and I. The staff was very accomodating and made sure she got into the room safely. Room was very clean, large and also had two hide away beds for those with children. Room service was timely and above average. Usually stay downtown, nice surprise if you have to stay in the 'burbs. P.S. We use a TomTom gps and it turned us the wrong way off of 355. Make sure you turn towards downtown.

Date of stay: September 2010