“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glen Carbon
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is a no frills hotel, but that is not surprising being a Hampton Inn. I definitely wasn't going to stay here for luxury, as much as I wanted a nice place that was in a good location. It was a very clean, comfortable hotel, with a super friendly staff that was willing to help however they could. It is within minutes of the heart of Edwardsville, and St. Louis is close enough that the arch is clearly visible from the parking lot. It's a quiet area also, as the hotel is up on a hill pretty much by itself. The breakfast was not bad, but not impressive either, but at least I didn't have to go buy breakfast somewhere else. All in all, a good stay, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

1  Thank AA7364
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville

Reviewed October 18, 2010

This Hampton Inn was a very nice place to stay - comfortable and well-managed. For those staying in the Edwardsville, Illinois area it is highly recommended.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Quiet and comfortable room, well appointed and great place overall. Breakfast was good and the eating area clean and well kept. The service was exceptionally friendly and attentive. The only (slight) complaint was that they needed to spray the waffle makers more often!

Reviewed May 2, 2010

We went to St. Louis on business, and were satisfied with the hotel, overall. The breakfast area was clean and got us going in the morning. The staff were friendly, and when we asked for more bedding it was provided (with a smile!!). The pool was fine, a bit too much chlorine (but perhaps staff felt this was needed given the number of people using the facility).

The room itself was fine, except we could hear our neighbors talking loudly (arguing?). It seemed like a number of people were upset about money issues. Don't know for sure. Coffee maker, microwave, and fridge were in the room.

Breakfast was more than just cereal, it included eggs and french toast. We were happy with it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank PickleFlame
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We booked the hotel on-line using our Hilton Honor's points, so it was a complimentary non-smoking room with two queen beds. We arrived around 6:30 PM and the room was ready. I explained we were using our HH's points and the clerk said "Good for you!", which I thought was a little sarcastic. But, oh well. Check-in was super easy with no wait. We asked for three extra pillows. We were in a hurry, since we were going to a concert at Pop's in Sauget, IL, so we asked if we could pick them up on our way back through when we returned. That was not a problem. We also asked if they had cookies that a lot of the Hampton Inn's have at night, but we were told they did not offer those on the week-ends. The fireplace was lit and the lobby area was very nice. There was a pool close to the elevators. I could smell the chlorine when we were waiting. The room was on the second floor, room 220. It was very clean and the hotel appeared newer. Some HI's offer comp water/snacks in the room for HH's Members, but this one didn't. However, there was a individual cup coffee maker in the bathroom with the standard amenities. I also noticed a small room next to the check-in area where you could purchase items that you may have left at home. The location is not bad since it's right off of the highway. We drove back to the hotel around 11:00 PM that night and drove into Glen Carbon hoping to find a Taco Bell or any restaurant open, but there was nothing there except a small bar on the other end of town. It was deserted. There was a Casey's convenience store, but it was closed. We did find a Phillips 66 gas station across the road from the hotel that had frozen sandwiches, ice cream treats, etc. There was a microwave and refrigerator in our room, so if we would have bought a frozen sandwich, we would have been able to cook it in our room. After striking out on the food venture, we returned back to the hotel. The T.V. in the room was a 25 in rotating flat screen type, nothing fancy. The walls must have been very thin since we were just talking and the people next door were banging on the wall. The beds were pretty comfortable and we slept pretty good. The pillows were feather, not foam, so it's a good thing we got a few extra since they tend to sink down when you lie on them. The next morning we headed to breakfast around 9. The complimentary bar is open from 6-10 on Sunday mornings. We were extremely disappointed with the selection and quality of the breakfast. The eggs were the pre-formed circles that were so dried up, they were like rubber with turned up discolored edges. There was some terrible French toast sticks and that was about it for the hot items. No sausage or biscuits and gravy. They did have bread, plain bagels and few danishes. There was some fruit and a couple types of dry cereal/oatmeal in packages. They had coffee and juice to drink. It was honestly the worst breakfast we have ever had at a hotel, including lots of stays at other Hampton Inn's, La Quinta's, Drury Inn's, Hyatt Place, etc. Check-out was fine. We received a receipt under the door and just dropped the keys off at the front desk. Would we stay there again? Probably not, unless there are no other HI's available in the area. They do need some major work on their breakfast bar! If you are not planning on eating breakfast there, then it would be O.K..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank COMizzouFan
Reviewed February 25, 2010

After reading the reviews, we were nervous about booking--I'm allergic to chemical-smells.So we didn't make a reservation,and instead decided to stop by and see. No problems at all, even though the windows didn't open. I don't know about all rooms, but ours was OK, and we are picky.
As far as the issue of no one being at the desk-- due to these reviews, I wasn't surprised that there was no one at the desk, but there was a sign saying we could dial (0). It was about 5 minutes, and the guy came back, and he was very polite and helpful. We said we wanted to see a room, and then started to show us a ground-floor room; we apologized, and asked to see something higher, and it was no problem at all, he showed us the room that we ended up staying in. I think his name was Eli, but I'm not sure, sorry... He was very nice.
The best part was the unexpected double-shower, which we've only seen in high-end hotels. I've never seen such a large shower in a Hampton (or a Hilton, for that matter...)
The Front Desk clerk said that if the weather was clear, we could see the St.Louis Arch from our room!
There really is nothing around but a gas station, but we didn't care about that.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed at this motel while attending a track meet at SIUE. It was very convenient to get to the University. However, there wasn't much around except a gas station. We did find eating and shopping after driving 4 or 5 miles to the south.

When we first checked in, there was no one at the front desk. I stood there for several minutes until someone finally helped me. The next day, I saw a lady standing at the front desk ready to check in. She asked me if I knew where anyone was. I told her that I had the same problem the day before. I'm not sure how long she ended up waiting.

The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The beds were comfortable, although I thought the sheets had a funny smell. The bathroom was clean, and we had plenty of towels. It had a refrigerator and microwave. Both were clean and in good working order.

The hotel didn't have a computer room. I asked if I could use a computer with internet access. I was told they would print something for me if I needed it, but they didn't have a computer that I could use.

We thought the breakfast was good. There was plenty of food, and the food was served at the right temperature. The fruit and breads were fresh. My big complaint is that I'm not a coffee drinker, and that's all they had to drink. I would have really liked to have some juice. The lady serving the food was very nice and friendly.

On our last day, we had a change of plans and had to stay in town a little longer. Checkout is at 11:30 a.m., and we asked if we could stay until 12:00 or 1:00 p.m. They told me we couldn't stay past 11:30 unless we paid an extra $25.00. So we packed up and ended up staying for an hour or two in the local library.

I feel this motel is generally a good place to stay. It was at a convenient location for us, and was clean and quiet. I think they have an inexperienced staff, and have rules that aren't very accommodating for travelers. But I would recommend it as a good place for a family to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
#1 of 11 in Collinsville

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville? Share your experiences!