“Fabulous hotel. Bed comfort out of this world!”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glen Carbon
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My stay was very restful. The hotel seemed very clean and the front desk and restauant workers were phenomenal. Friendly staff. THe beds and the linens are so comfy that it's hard to get out of the bed in the mornng. The continrntal breakfast is really good too. Everything fresh. I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: King suite is the best!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I made a 1,400 mile round-trip in less than 48 hours. We arrived at the hotel late (approx 9pm), with no reservation and were pleasantly greeted, received a fair rate, and in our room within minutes. The property is located near the interstate, but you would have never known it from the silence inside. The room was spacious, spotless and comfortable. Great pillows! We had a very restful, peaceful night's that was followed by breakfast in the large, nicely appointed lobby before we headed back out on the road. Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay and the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It's a fine hotel - but having broken fitness equipment is unacceptable. As a business traveler, this is more important to me than free breakfast or any of the other small things. It's just unacceptable and I won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Love this Hampton Inn! It is located near I-270, just minutes from SIUE. The decor is modern, and everything about the hotel is comfortable. The lobby/breakfast area is large and cozy, complete with a fireplace. The rooms are quiet and homey. The beds are very comfortable and made it easy to get a good night's sleep. There are many outlets for electronics (I wish all hotels would follow suit). The bathroom has a large, upgraded counter, as well as a great shower. I will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago for a wedding and were quite pleased. This time, we had to come back to Edwardsville for a funeral, so as you can imagine, it was pretty short notice. I made reservations online 2 days before our arrival. I then phoned the front desk and spoke with the clerk because of the 3pm check in time. I explained that we needed to be at a visitation at 3pm, and wondered if early check in would be at all possible. She informed me that she could not guarantee it, but would make a note on my reservation, and also let the daytime manager know our ordeal. I was told to call the day of our reservation, on our way down, to see if early check in was possible. I called before we got into town, and was told that the room was ready for check in.... this was at 1030am! My wife and I were thrilled that the staff made this possible for us. It took some of the un-needed stress off of us, during an already stressful time.
We had a King Bed Studio Suite, as no other king rooms were available. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comofortable. The hotels also sits away from everything, so as long as you don't have noisy neighbors, it is a quiet area. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare, and we didn't have to fight a huge crowd in the dining area.
After speaking with other family members that stayed at other hotels in Edwardsville, it sounded like we payed the least amount for our room, and also had the nicest one. For the value and location, I would highly recommend this hotel.
I also want to thank the front desk staff and cleaning staff for making early check in possible. It is a "breath of fresh air" nowadays to have staff that really seem to care. When we return to Edwardsville, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

One night stay on a long trip. It was a standard Hampton experience. Nice facility, a little wear and tear, but perfectly fine. As others have noted this hotel sits pretty much by itself, there is no dining within walking distance. This is actually a plus when you are stopping late in the evening on a long trip - there is very little local traffic to contend with. This hotel is also well situated to access Interstates 70, 270, 55, and 255, so almost no matter where you are headed this hotel is near your path.

The breakfast was not the best one we have had. We spent the evening of New Year's day at this hotel; there was almost no one at breakfast the following morning. I suspect this led to the food sitting around a little too long. It wasn't inedible, but it could have been fresher.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LittleBoyBrew
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have stayed here twice for two nights each in the last 6 weeks. Its a traditional Hampton, I've stayed in many, and you cant go wrong. The complimentary breakfast is better than most Hamptons. Beds are wonderfully comfortable and the rooms are clean, large bathroom, flat panel TV with extensive cable. Service was friendly. The only negative is the location - Im used to Hampton's being adjacent to restaurants, etc and this one sits all by itself on a hill. There are many restaurants within 2-3 miles but there is nothing else around the hotel. Very convenient to the highway, yet very quiet. It would also be nice if the pool was open a little later than 10pm and opened a bit earlier than 9am. For those coming in from the road later or leaving earlier in the morning, there isnt the opportunity to use the pool or hot tub. If you are looking for something off 270 close to St. Louis, this is a great location. I did think the rate was a little high considering there is nothing around it and it doesnt seem to be very busy. I paid $114. On one trip we stayed at a hotel in nearby Pontoon Beach as it was a little closer to St. Louis. DONT DO IT, stay a couple of miles further away at this Hampton. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
#3 of 11 in Collinsville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Edwardsville

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville? Share your experiences!