“Things have improved somewhat”
Review of Motel 6 Gilman

Motel 6 Gilman
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gilman
Reviewed June 23, 2006

I do not know if the change in ownership took place between the time the previous reviewer stayed there and when I stayed there, but there has been a change. My experience was pleasant, if not excellent. I, too, noticed some cleaning problems (cobwebs), and the heating/cooling system needs to be replaced!
My major concern was comfort. I felt crowded even though the room was large, and found that, though the bathrooms are larger than you will find in a more modern motel, there are no vanities! The sinks are pedestal sinks, and there is nowhere to put anything down. If you are staying for several days, this is a real aggravation.
The staff was pleasant and helpful to me.
Pluses are location on the same side of the highway, Interstate and railroad as the fast-food restaurants, free wireless network, etc. The condition of the parking lot has improved greatly over the last five years -- which was the last time I had stayed there.
You might try the "Crossroads" building located on the property. It is actually the old Crossroads Hotel, which was located on the east edge of town many years ago, has more comfortable rooms but is disconnected from the main building. I do not know if there are both smoking and nonsmoking rooms in that building.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank krumbar
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Gilman

Reviewed October 11, 2005

Just stayed at this hotel and must say that we received very poor customer service. We were quoted a special rate over the phone and then when we checked in the rate was not honored (in town for a wedding). The room was not cleaned properly (hairs in the bathtub from last person and towels were wrinkled and questioned if they were clean). Heat/air unit was not working properly and had to contact front desk to have it turned "on" from a switchboard behind their front desk. Unfortunately I forgot my phone charger in my room and upon calling the hotel was told there was nothing they could do for me. They would not even offer to check if it was in lost and found. I would've covered the shipping for them to send it back but was told I could drive to the hotel to check for myself. I explained that I live 300 miles away but to no avail, was told I could drive there but that was all they could do for me. I don't personally have experience at the other hotels in town, but would recommend that you not stay at the Travel Inn (unless you like to pay to receive poor service). I was extremely disappointed in the service and my stay.

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank la8037
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilman
Super 8 Watseka
TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast
Budget Host Inn Gilman
Budget Host Inn Gilman
#3 of 3 in Gilman

Been to Motel 6 Gilman? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Gilman

Address: 834 US Highway 24 W, Gilman, IL 60938-8001 (Formerly Travel Inn Gilman)
Location: United States > Illinois > Gilman
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gilman
Price Range: $63 - $76 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Gilman 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Motel-6, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Motel 6 Gilman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.