“Better choices in town”
Review of FoxFire Restaurant

FoxFire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
FoxFire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 148 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Pace bus stop on Route 31 and Rt 38. 4 blocks from Metra station.
Description: FoxFire owners, the father and son team of Curt and K.C., invite you to select from an amazing menu that boasts traditional favorites an extensive wine list, featuring over fifty wines by the glass. While dining indoors, watch our Executive Chef, Kevin Gillespie, and his dedicated staff as they deftly prepare your meal in our “New York” style kitchen. FoxFire offers three-season dining, under the sun or stars, on our patio area with umbrella-topped tables.FoxFire is dedicated to providing you with an unforgettable meal through first-class food and dining service.
Elburn, Illinois
“Better choices in town”
Reviewed December 22, 2010

The service I received the last two times I've visited has been about average. Neither server went what I'd consider above and beyond. I sat near the front of the restaurant and it seemed like there was a draft coming in through the front door. This made for a very uncomfortable dining experience. My filet was very tough when I asked for it to be medium-rare. Like I said in my title, their are better choices in Geneva to choose from than going to Foxfire.

KcFoxFire, Owner at FoxFire Restaurant, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Blue2huthut,
Sorry to hear about your experience at FoxFire. As an owner I do apologize for your bad experience and will check into this. Sorry for the delay in responding as we have just recently became a member of this site. We would love to have you back for another try, if you would like to email me your address or phone number so we can discuss further and make things right. thank you for your review, we appreciate your time,

KC Gulbro
FoxFire Geneva
17 w state st
60134.

Janesville, Wisconsin
“Bloody Marys, lunch and service with a smile and a few laughs!”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My friend and I get together once a year in Geneva for lunch and catching up; we always have a great time and this year was no exception! Our waitress was super-attentive, as was the water guy. The $4 pint-size Bloody Marys really hit the spot, as did the $6.95 beer cheese soup and tuna avocado sandwich. What a bargain, and what a pleasure!

2 Thank lakeparkriver
KcFoxFire, Owner at FoxFire Restaurant, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Juuulie_10,
Thank you for your review! We do appreciate it and look forward to your next visit! Hopefully we can make it twice a year! Thanks again!

KC Gulbro
Owner
FoxFire Geneva
17 w State ST
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Very Good Place”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I really enjoy this place. Nice atmosphere and very good food. I actually prefer their lunch menu over the dinner menu. The berry chipotle turkey sandwich and the brisket are awesome! I had the steak dinner and it was ok. I asked the hostess, when we sat down, if we could get some of the fantastic parmesan covered potato chips and she said it was for the bar customers only. Our waitress overheard the exchange and when she came for our drink order, she had a basket of chips. It was a great move on her part because little things like that make me come back to a restaurant and little things, like saying I can't get some bar chips make me stay away. I like the appetizers as well. I would recommend this place. Plenty of parking in the back.

1 Thank Francis9755
West suburbs Illinois
“Good place in Geneva-”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

soups and salads very good, did not care for flavors of the calamari appetizer though
entrees steaks, ribs and salmon were much enjoyed by our party, we also liked the chocolate cake but did not like the fruit flavored flan so much
very nice service it was a thursday night
thanks for a good evening !

Chicago 'burbs
“One of my favorite local restaurants”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I have been here several times - both for lunch & dinner - and the food is always outstanding. We did experience some painfully slow service once around Christmas-time but they were busy, so we let it slide. Other times, the service has been fine.