“Enjoyable!”

Ranked #18 of 162 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Pace bus stop on Route 31 and Rt 38. 4 blocks from Metra station.
Description: Established in 2003, FoxFire is a premier restaurant located in Geneva, IL. FoxFire is an award winning restaurant with such accolades as the Daily Herald's "Top Ten New Restaurants", On the Fox's "Top Ten", the Kane County Chronicle's "Best Steaks", as well as West Suburban Living's "Top New Restaurant - Best in the West." Located on the north side of State Street (Route 38) and just a half block west of the Fox River in Geneva, Illinois, FoxFire Restaurant is an essential part of experiencing the charm and hospitality of beautiful Geneva, IL. We offer aged prime beef, chops and fresh seafood in an intimate, yet elegant setting of original brick and wooden trellises dating from the early 1900's when horse and carriages roamed the streets, men tipped top hats, and woman curtsied. We are certain you will find our food and charm unsurpassed in our unique and wonderful town.
Reviewed February 24, 2019

I am surprised at the recent reviews since our experience was quite the contrary. The only negative was that we were seated very close to the band and it was difficult to hear each other but the service and food were excellent. Hopefully, the management has read these reviews and made adjustments.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

This placed called us in the morning and our party of 8 confirmed. We called and said we would be 10-15 minutes late. Well Merry Christmas they gave our table away. So we had drinks at the bar. 45 minutes later we still didn’t have a table. We spoke to the rude hostess and I said “what is going on here”. I then spoke to the “manager” who was sitting at the bar drinking. What? How professional is that?
He said I will get your table that is occupied to go to the bar so you can have the table. What? This place is a silly show I have done numerous reviews..... never again going here. What a sham this is a Geneva restaurant! Brutal simply brutal.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Scoop70
KC G, Owner at FoxFire Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Dear Scoop70,

We are sorry for your experience but we wanted to give our point of view of the events that transpired that evening.
1) it was Christmas walk festival
2) you were late for your reservation by 15 min
3) we called your reservation and sent text messages the day of without response
4) we called your reservation 10 min after time with no response
5) the table was forfeited because of the time frame during the holiday festival rush.
6) The rude hostess had explained to your guests the situation. When you came up and rudely asked what was going on here she was with another customer- this does not excuse her tone, and she had been reprimanded for the event.
7) the "manager" you speak of was the owner, who had just sat down after checking on all the tables that evening. We are sorry that a 77 year old man felt the need to take a seat while checking on the tables that were here.
8) That manager that was drinking, went to a table that was nearly done and asked if he could purchase them a cocktail at the bar if they would forfeit their table so we could seat you and your guests.
9) when the table had finished and reset you had walked out of the restaurant. without allowing anyone to talk to you- yes it took us 25 minutes to try and get you another table and 10 min to reset-

I would suggest in the future to please be on time or reply to calls or texts from restaurants, especially during the festival season. I am sorry for your experience, truly, but trying to tell everyone a 77-year-old man is taking care of his restaurant is foolish and truly you should be ashamed- everyone who has graced our restaurant truly loves Curt, and if you took a moment to let him talk, you would too.
Thank you for your time and God bless.

Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

It had been several years since we visited this restaurant
So glad we tried it again
We were going to eat at Gia Mia arrived at 4:45 and 80% of the tables were open and they said they couldn’t seat us as they were expecting to fill all tables with reservations in the next hour-(?) we would have been in and out in an hour- ok...so we walked to Foxfire
My husband and I had a cozy lovely dinner and were actually happy Gia Mia wouldn’t seat us!
My husband had the ribs with fries and said it was very good - they are a little bigger than a baby back but he said very tender with a good sauce
I had a Greek grilled salmon salad that I really enjoyed
I had a couple different glass of white wine a sav/blanc and a chardoney both great
We will be back

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 13, 2018

Booked a reservation for Saturday dinner with my family. I live in the area and have eaten here several times over the last 14 years. I am aware the restaurant has what might be referred to as an open kitchen. My wife, kids and I were dressed for dinner - no t-shirts,etc and they are not babies, teenagers who aren't on their Ipads, etc. This restaurant accommodates walk-in's as well as reservations. What irked me the most is that the hostess, flat out lied about the front table being a 6-top then proceeded to seat us/ the people who made a reservation next to the host stand and kitchen. What is the point in making a reservation if you seat those people in the crappiest part of the restaurant? We ordered the bacon wrapped dates. Very good. Wife had Walleye which was decent, daughter and I had Steak Frites, again good, son had Filet again decent. I ordered side of mushrooms - tasted off and were completely under cooked. The Wine pours at this restaurant are ridiculous for the money they charge - very small and though not overly expensive, just made you feel like you were getting taken. Service was doing its best but frankly was overwhelmed. Waitress did come by and offered (2) free desserts for the issues with the hostess. That was a gesture provided by the owner who was busy in the kitchen. I am appreciative and respect the fact that they did so - very good business practice. Unfortunately, the meals which again were decent, were just that. Combine it with the issues - I simply won't put myself in again with their hostess staff - and the fact that there are other very comparable restaurants in the area, I don't see myself returning.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Michael V
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Very good, high quality steakhouse. New expanded menu, but we were there for the steaks. We've eaten herd often and always get a first class meal. Nice wine selection too. Excellent service.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank Mark J

Been to FoxFire Restaurant? Share your experiences!