“Foxfire Review”
Review of FoxFire Restaurant

FoxFire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
FoxFire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 152 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Pace bus stop on Route 31 and Rt 38. 4 blocks from Metra station.
Description: FoxFire owners, the father and son team of Curt and K.C., invite you to select from an amazing menu that boasts traditional favorites an extensive wine list, featuring over fifty wines by the glass. While dining indoors, watch our Executive Chef, Kevin Gillespie, and his dedicated staff as they deftly prepare your meal in our “New York” style kitchen. FoxFire offers three-season dining, under the sun or stars, on our patio area with umbrella-topped tables.FoxFire is dedicated to providing you with an unforgettable meal through first-class food and dining service.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was very good. We all had their prime rib special. The food came as ordered. Service was excellent. Our server was very attentive and thoughtful. Although the atmosphere was a little noisy, it is a large place, we were able to carryon with a table conversation without difficulty. We would return and recommend it to others.

1  Thank jfspops

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my first time here. The manager greeted us and asked if we've been before. We said no and he sat my wife and I in a good spot in the restaurant. The atmosphere had a warm ambiance to it and was geared more towards couples and groups without kids. Kids would've been OK but not a place where they run around and/or make lots of noise. Definately a place to go on a date. I thought the prices were reasonable for steak house. There was a mix of attire there. The place was full and about half the crowd were in slacks and dress shirts, ladies wore dresses, less than half were in jeans and a nice shirt and shoes, and a few came in wearing shorts. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive the whole night. We both ordered the Prime Rib specials that night (16 & 20 oz). I ordered a medium well and my wife ordered a medium. Both of us were slightly disappointed in the steaks. I think our orders might have been switched. My wife told our waitress and the manager came over and offered to get us new steaks but we politely declined. He did say they both appeared to not be cooked according to our order. It was OK though, they still were tasty and the appetizer and side dishes were equally tasty. Overall it is a classy steak house that's very modern and worth going back for.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food and good service. 2 appetizers, 2 sides and one cocktail at over $50 was a little pricey but we enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband took me here for our 15th wedding anniversary. The service was outstanding! The ambience is nice. There is an outdoor seating area where a little jazz band plays. I had the chicken tortilla soup and it was delicious. My husband had the tomato and mozzarella salad and said it was ok. I ordered the filet mignon and my husband ordered the ribeye. Both were wonderful and prepared exactly how we asked. There are multiple ways to have your steaks cooked, such as Parmesan crusted, as well as sauces to go with them. We had ordered a sauce (can't remember the exact name) and we didn't care for it at all. The waitress was nice and took them off the bill. I will definitely go here again!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love supporting locally owned businesses. (Father-Son own it). When I called for a reservation, the "father" answered the phone and asked if there were anything special I needed like, "a special location,special celebration,a high chair,diet restriction,vegetarian." It was funny and very pleasant.
His son Curt, was very accommodating. The food was good. The atmosphere was nice and I love that there is outdoor seating for nice weather.
The 1 recommendation I have is that if you do not see what you want on the menue and the server claims it can't be done, ask for "Curt" or his father (?name?) and it WILL be done.
We will be back.