“Favorite Brunch in the Tri-Cities”
Review of Nosh

Nosh
Ranked #13 of 163 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 22, 2017

My all-time favorite place! The oatmeal is incredible - it has a creme brulee top, is super creamy, and filling - unlike any oatmeal you could get anywhere else! I also love the mushroom omelet, the Nosh BLT, and the Shrimp Salad. The service is always great, the food is served so quickly, and it always feels like home.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Food was good. Popular local breakfast spot. Had an omelette with bacon, leeks and gruyere. Tasty combo, along with the potato wedges. The potatoes were cooked in a little more EVOO than I prefer, along with my wife's fried eggs. More an issue of personal preference, then an issue with the quality of the food.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

This is one of our favorite places for brunch. The ginger pears as a side dish are truly delicious. Some great combinations for omelettes and benedicts.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

Great dishes on the menu and there is something for everyone to enjoy. The fresh Orange Juice is awesome, great coffee and excellent service.

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Nosh has a very nice breakfast menu that is a bit more focused/limited than the average place (depending on your perspective). I thought it was interesting and promising but came away feeling kind of "meh" about the place.

We arrived around 9 am on a Sunday and there was already a wait. I'd expect that you'll be waiting here on weekends unless you arrive really early. That's to be expected at most breakfast places on the weekend though. The part that they do have to come through on to make up for the wait: the food and the service. I didn't think either was above average. I ordered the Nosh French Toast and although the sauce that came with it was quite good, the French Toast itself was lukewarm and not particularly memorable. Others at my table had omelets and eggs. Again, nothing special in my opinion (or theirs). The other issue was the service. It was quite slow. My experience at most breakfast places is that they get the order in fairly quickly. People generally know what they want and they're hungry. It took quite some time for the server to take our order and the food also took a decent amount of time to arrive. One other issue: one piece of our silverware had some caked on stuff on it. I usually don't care about that stuff but this thing was pretty big. It's not a good sign when a restaurant doesn't pay attention to the detail like this. One plus I should mention: good strong coffee. Overall, I was surprised about this place considering the good review. Maybe we hit them on a rough day...

Date of visit: April 2017