“Good Mexican Fare”

Add it.
TIA Maria's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 23, 2014

While not gourmet, Jose Maria's is more accessible than the trendy Bien Trucha (also in Geneva). Expect a more family friendly atmosphere from this more traditional, compact Mexican restaurant. The staff are young, attentive and anxious to please. The owners are welcoming and take care of their patrons (guests).

I dined with a larger group. It was a tight fit given the diner layout but it somehow worked out. I look forward to my next meal at Jose Maria's.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Tia Maria's is, as of springtime 2013, out of business. There is a new Mexican restaurant in its place.

1  Thank Smythe77654
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Tripadvisor: This restaurant is now called Jose Maria's. Please update!

My family has always been big fans of Tia Maria's. We had eaten there for years. We were sad to see the old owners leave, but we were glad to see that the new owner has kept up the tradition and nearly the same menu. I believe they have had a few growing pains, but we just ate at Jose Maria's again this week, and everything was as delicious as ever.

I had the shrimp fajitas which included several large shrimp. Many people were ordering fajitas, so they must be quite popular. The refried beans and guacamole were very good. There are several items on the menu that are Mexican specialties that are not necessarily served at a lot of restaurants.

This is not a fancy restaurant, just a nice, warm local joint. Many people were greeted by name.

It is so nice to be served at a family-owned restaurant. Please eat here. You will not be disappointed. Support a local merchant!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This used to be one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Quality of food far surpassed by other Mexican restaurants in Geneva now. Long time servers left. Need to overhaul the decor as it is quite tired. Would go back again if there was a major overhaul on all levels.

1  Thank Sharon J
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the good food, excellent service and price point of this restaurant. The name is now Jose Maria's. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The owner came around and asked how everything was. The atmosphere is also fun. I would highly recommend!

1  Thank larryd6578