“This might be new favorite restaurant”
Review of Niche

Ranked #19 of 163 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Rt 38 and James St.
Transit: The Metra train station in Geneva is located 5 blocks South of Niche on Third street. This is one of the more relaxing ways to travel to Geneva from Chicago, and a short walk away from the best dining Geneva has to offer.
Reviewed February 24, 2019

This was our first visit to Niche and we will definitely be going back. We went there a on a Saturday night and started with drinks at the bar. There was an extensive selection of beer, whiskey and bourbon. I ordered a specialty mule and my wife ordered an IPA. Both were excellent.

We then sat in the dining room for dinner. The service and food were both great. We started with the meatball appetizer, which is not something we would normally order, but I was glad we did. The meatballs were prepared in a mustard sauce with pickled vegetables. They were fantastic.

We then split a kale salad. Again, great choice. Lots of flavor, fresh and light.

For our entrees, I ordered the pork shank and my wife ordered the pork chop. The pork shank was awesome. It was in a light tomato sauce and on a bed of couscous. Full of flavor and tender. It was perfectly prepared. My wife also enjoyed her pork chop.

Like I said, we will going back - the service and food are top notch.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 14, 2019

Went here for couples drinks only. Good atmosphere, good drinks, a bit on the higher side of the pricing scale but not surprised. Friendly service

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Niche has received rave reviews from Chicago media for years. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent cuisine, professional service. It's worth a trip!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

When you go into a place like Niche, you expect a capable team who knows their trade. After having mis-fired at another place on third street, we were hoping this would be a better experience. Everything started out well, but then after we placed our order, quite a lot of time passed and we asked how much longer only to be told they had forgotten to place our order.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank BelikinBeer
Reviewed August 18, 2018

food was very high quality; it is expensive; the house manhattans very good; we liked the halibut and the hanger steak; servers were great but they do need some extra help at times - a small thing but my water glass not refilled

Date of visit: August 2018