“Service and Food is super”
Review of Niche

Niche
Reserve with OpenTable
Niche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 152 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Rt 38 and James St.
Transit: The Metra train station in Geneva is located 5 blocks South of Niche on Third street. This is one of the more relaxing ways to travel to Geneva from Chicago, and a short walk away from the best dining Geneva has to offer.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Love the atmosphere and the food and service has always been super. Very romantic, quiet place for a couples dinner. Great location in Geneva.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Since the first couple of visits, some changes have been made; and our recent meal was excellent. The dishes showed imagination, creativity, originality and fine taste! The service was impeccable---attentive, patient, helpful. Therefore, I have raised my rating to 5 stars!
The room is refined, soberly and tastefully furnished, and sound levels are low.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This restaurant tries hard to be a serious gourmet establishment and falls short. The sauces overpower the ingredients and it's a bit too pretentious. They offer gin and tonics with "homemade tonic" and when I asked the waiter how they make their own tonic he said, "We use a sodastream" I have one of those at home and you basically add flavor to carbonated water. I mean, really....

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had an amazing evening and our server (Jeffrey) was perfect in every capacity.the bar is very quaint and we loved the decorations for the holiday.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a gift certificate for Niche, and frankly, we were worried. We love good food. But we are not adventurous, urban diners. We are traditionalists. And a perusal of the reviews, coupled with a viewing of the online menu, made us very nervous indeed.

Well, we were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was warm. The service was very friendly and attentive. And the food..... it was remarkably good. My husband and I started with a gumbo special-- it had sizable chunks of shrimp and a fair amount of heat (which we really enjoy). I liked how the rice for the gumbo was placed in the corner of the bowl-- not fully engulfed by the spicy goodness of the gumbo. For anyone who took issue with spice, this was genius, as the starch from the uncovered rice could readily extinguish any unwanted heat. For our main entrees, I ordered the scallops (which were, frankly, the most traditional thing I was willing to consume on the menu). They were well prepared and very enjoyable. I had my husband order the veal medallions as they also seemed fairly "ordinary". Wow!! He raved about those medallions! He said they rivaled the finest steak restaurants (and he is a bit of a beef snob, so this was fine praise indeed).

So why only four stars? Purely for quantity/value. I had kidded a co-worker before going that I was likely going to walk away from the meal hungry. So when I received my scallops and there were only three on the plate, I almost started laughing. (I also was chuckling at the "trio of gelatos" dessert, which, for six dollars, gave us three "melon ball" sized bites of gelato.) In fairness, I was not left unsatisfied by the meal. But, I do attribute this to the relative heartiness of the delicious gumbo.

That said, all in all, Niche provided us with a very pleasant dining experience. For special occasions, or for a special date night, it really is an excellent choice in downtown Geneva.