“Old World Charm”

Oscar Swan Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
Oscar Swan Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Geneva B&B and Inns
Geneva, Illinois
“Old World Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The Oscar Swan Inn is an amazingly charming establishment. Each room is carefully decorated in antique furniture and decor.

With the help of Nina, I hosted a small dinner party for my wife's birthday. The food was delicious and service impeccable. I highly recommend attending any special dinner party to try out the OSI. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank J Brian H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was a great find. Beautiful grounds, above ground stone wading pool, lovely garden. The rooms are tastefully decorated with lovely artworks. And the breakfast! One of the very best gourmet breakfast buffets I have ever seen. Outstanding locally sourced and wonderfully cooked dishes .We absolutely will return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RML1
Geneva, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I live a stones throw from Oscar Swan B&B. My friend came from out of town and thought it would be fun to stay here instead f my house. On the we sight we saw "twin rooms" priced at $169 for two including breakfast. I was upstairs while my friend checked out. When we left my friend told me Nina owner tried to charge her $249. I couldn't believe it. My friend told Nina about the web sight pricing. With that Nina lowered the price to $199. My friend paid it anyway. When I got home I checked the web sight sure enough with two in the "twin rooms" and breakfast it is $169. Also she rushed us at breakfast. Pulling food from the buffet and saying"are you done"? I sent Nina a note for a $30 refund to my friend. We will see. I will keep this link posted.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank Nancy T
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed here last weekend for the muder mystery dinner. Inn owners are nice, kinda crabby but friendly. Yeah ok it's not the ritzs but it was very nice and charming. The mystery dinner thing was ok, but from what I understand the inn owners don't run that, they have a outside source for that, that part could have been way better, the bar thing communication. The people that run that, well thats a different story. As far as the rooms we had the loft and frank hardings room. Nice and cozy, a bit chilly but what do you expect from a 110 yr old home. I have read some of the reviews on here and I really don't think they are very nice. The inn owners are older and slower to get to things and what you need but they are all right. I mean the man is a bit crabby but. As far as the rooms not being clean and having mold, We did not have this issue. Is the place old yes, does it need to be remolded, maybe. But as far as it being dirty, no! It's is an old charming place with alot of older charm. The inn and the grounds are beautiful, the food was amazing, the breakfast was fantastic and the service was great. What else can you ask for, it's a BED and BREAKFAST and not a HOTEL. We can't wait to go back

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank fred2274
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I spent the weekend with three of my dearest friends at the Oscar Swan mansion. The Swan Loft was absolutely perfect for our needs, with a kitchen area, fridge and microwave. Very comfortable beds and lovely room with a view. Breakfast was delicious. Nina and staff were extremely accomodating and gracious. We couldn't have asked for more and we all had a glorious weekend in this enchanting B&B.

Room Tip: The Swan Loft is perfect for a group of four or more
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Christina K
Oak Lawn, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Mself and 6 other fmaily memembers headed out to the Murder Mystery last week. The lady on the phone as well as the paperwork we received told us we needed to dress Semi-Formal(even included picutres of what they felt was accepteable). the cost for the Dinner and mystery was $65.00. and there was to be a cash bar. The cocktail party and clue hunting began at 7pm..When we got there, there was no signs nor direction to tell that you that you had to park in the back lot . When we arrived we were shuffled to an outdoor area which we were lead to believe was a holding area until our cocktail party began inside.. after 20 minutes we (the guests ) discovered we WERE AT THE COCKTAIL PARTY. There was no Bar except for the wedding that was being held. We were then shuffeld into a small dining room . We were then sent table by table to our buffet dinner. NINA and her staff were ALL rude.One of the Guests asked for a 2nd piece of chiken (before tasting it) and was rudely refused. Whe werent even shown where the restrooms were. The food was horrible, the place was filthy and despite being given a map of the entire MANSION, we were isolated to one room. THIS IS SOOOOO NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Did I mention that when we returned to the back parking lot (now dark outside) THERE WERE NO LIGHTS... that has to be illegal.. I nearly broke my neck.. I should sue. I will NEVER go back and WE will tell everyone I know... Not to go

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
14 Thank NeNe3333
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

For a friend's birthday three of us made plans to attend a "mansion murder mystery dinner" that was to be held at the Oscar Swan mansion. We decided that instead of driving back to Chicago that night we would make reservations to stay at the mansion which is also a B&B

When we arrived they were hosting a wedding (Which looked lovely) but took time to greet us graciously and show us to our room which was actually a suite composed of two bedrooms, a sitting room, and a bath. The suite was spotlessly clean, comfortable, and charmingly furnished.

The large dining room where the dinner was held was especially attractive; the dinner was excellent and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed the murder mystery and the other participants.

In the morning we had a lovely buffet breakfast that included bacon, eggs, blintzes, coffee cake, fresh fruit salad and other delectables. We ate on a charming brick patio overlooking the back gardens.

All three of us thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank ebneal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
The Herrington Inn & Spa
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to Oscar Swan Country Inn? Share your experiences!