“Geneva 1”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

A very innovative and excellent Japanese food, that's prepared at your table. They have a variety of dishes and I settled for the chicken and scallop teriyaki, it was excellent. They open their doors at 4:30, we were one of the first to be seated, by five o'clock every table was been used. They also have a traditional Sushi bar. This was my second visit to Jurin and I left as satisfied as the first time I visited. The staff was attentive to your needs and the service was outstanding. If you like Japanese cuisine, I highly recommend a visit to it.......to me it was superb.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Tonight we went to celebrate my son's 16th birthday. I don't know what happened but maybe there were already 2 birthdays at the table that they didn't hear when we indicated the third, our son. We let it slide as you know that age says they don't want the attention but they really do. I went to the front and gave a 1 and a 6 candle to someone asking them to place in cake at the end of the meal. Not only did they not do that, my husband had to say something after they brought out cake for the other birthday guests. They then brought my son cake without the 1 and 6 candle. Finally they take a picture and can't check that my eyes are closed and take another picture before printing. Not a good experience. I won't waste my time trying to make a special day special here. Very disappointing. Good thing my son is a good sport.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had dinner with 5 of us & it was what we expected....decent food & prep show by the cook. Not in a league with many other fine Japanese steakhouses but it satisfied our hunger. Good choices for food but several other reviewers were on-point about the management being less-than-accommodating w/ seating people until every last person arrived----even though after we got seated, we waited about 15 minutes to see a waiter to put in drink orders. I can't say much bad about the experience----just that nothing stood out & I won't rush back any time soon....which, in their industry, I guess says enough

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Excellent sushi perfect service very nice selection of sake , best sushi in around..............................................................................................................

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was dining at Jurin with a group of 17on a Saturday evening. We had made reservations for 6pm. We arrived at 5:50 with most of our party, all but 5. We were seated and told that if the others had not arrived by 6 we would need to call them and get their orders. So, that is what we did-at 6pm the "show" began. We were served drinks and the food was prepared very quickly. Some diners were to have ice cream with their meals. Two of the children had the ice cream removed from their plates before they had finished. The water was take from the table while we were still finishing our meals. We were not offered a second drink, checks were presented and we were told to leave as they had other diners to serve. A complete meal for 17 was finished in 50 minutes! Not a pleasant dining experience - and yet my meal was $30.00. I have never felt this disappointed with a dining experience!