“Hey, gotta go where the locals go, no? Orlando's”
Review of Orlando's Pizza - CLOSED

Orlando's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Algonquin Provincial Park, Canada
“Hey, gotta go where the locals go, no? Orlando's”
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Hungry..well, actually starving... my wife and I stumbled upon Orlando's Pizza on State Street in Geneva and were greeted by our high school student waitress, we were seated in a small eating area with not more than a dozen boths, and treated to a very fine thin crust pizza. Thin sometimes means "cracker crust", but in this case, thin is what I would call a regular traditional pizza pie. We ordered a large, and the two of us polished it off (we pick off 1/2 the cheese, at least) with a couple of diet Cokes. The pizza crust/bottom was browned perfectly, almost with a brick-oven crispiness--very nice. The salad bar was small but fresh, and although we did not try it, seemed excellent ($4 extra when you buy a pizza).

The real Orlando's secret, however, is the truly 1970's retro, "eating pizza in my basement" feel. Small, yet the booth arrangement makes it feel pleasant, and the oaky interior with panelled walls and mirrored beams really is a step back in time. I suggest tuning your transistor radio to some Jackie Blue by the Ozark Mtn. Daredevils, donning your least faded corduroy Levis and pedaling your glittery Schwinn Banana seat over to Orlando's for a hot pizza pie.

1 Thank WrenSmythe

Geneva, IL
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I've ordered pizza from this Orlando's since the late 1970's when it was just a couple of pizza ovens located in a partitioned area off of what used to be a small laundrymat. They haven't changed even though the laundrymat is long gone, you can eat in and they have a nice,very fresh but limited salad bar...wonderful pizza, great thin crust, special sauce. The current owner worked there for years in high school and bought the business 20 some years later! He has kept the original recipe.

2 Thank genevanative
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Used to be good but the...”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Used to be good but the lacks some service.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
On The Road
“Going Out Of The Way”
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I'm an OTR truck driver out of town, GPS nav system located pizza places within my area. Pizza Hut never answered the phone, so I called Orlando's. The owner of this great place, fired up the oven for me and delivered a large pizza to my truck. The bill was $26.42 and he left with $36.00 as that is all I had on me. Thanks Orlando's! Will keep you in my memory when I'm in the area. Next time, the hours might be better for the both of us. Christopher Cushman Crete Carrier - #31509

4 Thank jabber_jaws68