“Egg rolls all day everyday”
Review of Gen-Hoe Chop Suey

Gen-Hoe Chop Suey
Ranked #72 of 148 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
“Egg rolls all day everyday”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Everything I have ordered from Gen Hoe has been wonderful. By far the best Chinese restaurant around..

The most phenominal egg rolls I have ever eaten! I don't know how they prepare them and I have eaten thousands of egg rolls and these are clearly the best!

My favorite dishes here are the kung pao dishes (spicy brown sauce). Prices are extremely reasonable, and you feel like your family. Service is wonderful and the owner (original owner) has been there more than 40 years and she is wonderful as well!

• Visited June 2014

“Best egg rolls ever”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Have been dining here for over 40 years. I have NEVER had a better egg roll or fried rice anywhere in my lifetime. Menu is extensive and something for everyone. Portions are very large and fairly priced for as much as you get.

Visited July 2014
Geneva, Illinois
“One of the best Chinese restaurants”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have been here a few times and the food is always excellent. The portions are very large, high quality and the service is also outstanding. It is the best Chinese food.

• Visited May 2014
West Chicago, IL
“Best Cantonese food in town”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been going to Gen Hoe since I was a teenager (a long time ago) and I have yet to find a better Cantonese restaurant. The egg rolls are phenomenal, as is the Cashew Chicken. If you've never tried Gen Hoe, I would suggest going to lunch where many of the menu items are at a discounted price.

• Visited February 2014
Lomabrd, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great traditional dining spot”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This plac has been around for years and there's a reason: great service, excellant food and friendly people. Our party used a 15 or 20 year old gift certificate our friends found while cleaning out some old files. Gen-Hoe was glad to take it and we had a great evening of eating and sharing.

Visited August 2013