“This place is worth the drive”

Riganato Old World Grille
Ranked #11 of 148 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is worth the drive”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Seriously guys this place is the best!!!

I know there's a couple of not so great reviews about this spot but trust me don't believe them.

If you want great authentic Italian food this is the spot to come get it at, and it gets better -they are not over priced.

They have great customer service. Jimmy is great!

Ok so lets get down to the food. I've been here three times since I discovered this gem and I've yet to be disappointed by anything that's been served.

Spaghetti and meatballs -to die for!!! I've ordered this all three times. Today they had a special with one meatball, Italian sausage, and penne pasta. My boyfriend loved it so much he asked our server to please keep this on the menu permanently! Lol

Lamb chops and chicken- I've never been to crazy about lamb chops
but these were awesomely delicious! Chicken was juicy and flavorful.

Gnocchi is rich and a must try!

Pizza by far the best pizza I've ever had ( no lie) seriously this is the perfect pizza - the crust is so crispy and the sauce is just the perfect flavor!

Hmmmmm.... What else.... Oh yea their bread they bring out at the beginning of dinner I can't even describe other than perfect. However be careful , it's so delicious that you may end up filling up on it!

Calamari and saganaki are our favorite appetizers .

So yea I obviously will definitely be coming back to this place as long as they are in business. If your a fan of great food and awesome friendly service this is a place you definitely want to go to! I know there's a couple of reviews that weren't all that great but who knows what really happened . Give this place a try you won't regret it !!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank A_Ast_ri

Chicago
“Great new find in Geneva!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Although they opened last year, we did not discover this place until right after the holidays. It has become our new favorite place!!!! Jimmy and his dad (nick?) are very nice, and want to make sure everything is excellent! We eat there almost weekly now; since we are a busy professional working couple. Chicken riganoto is wonderful, with roasted potatoes. Our son had the pork tenderloin which was fabulous! On another visit ( he loves all food and is willing to try anything) he had a rack of lamb for the first time, and loved it! I have to confess- only had lamb one other time in my life- this definitely tasted better, but I showed a lamb in 4-H, so it not a favorite with me!! My husband has had the rib-eye kebab, very good! Small individual pizza was great too! We also enjoyed the Calamari. Stuffed meatball is great too- although it was a tad " medium" last time- I like all ground beef well done. I actually can't believe that prior REALLY negative review! Hard to believe! Nice selection of home-made desserts, IF you have room!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sandtravel
Columbus, Ohio
“Italian Excellence”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

On a visit from out of town, we were looking for dinner and found Riganato's on Trip Advisor. Wow! We had a short wait for a table - 20 min on a Friday night - and they were unnecessarily apologetic. The dining room was cozy but not crowded. We started off with the meatball appetizer which comes with a delightful, light marinara sauce, perfect for dipping the warm, crusty bread. We tried three different Italian dishes - garlic-cheese totellini in a cream sauce, spicy penne with sausage, and arichoke pesto pizza - and all were fantastic. Fresh, with clean flavors, not too heavy, delicious! We ended with the not-too-sweet rice pudding and delicate tiramisu. Our server, and really all the employees, were friendly and checked in with us to make sure everything was good without intruding. If only we lived closer, we'd be here every weekend! The only negative - no espresso. The Italian food was the quality of a fine restaurant - I don't know why anyone would order a burger!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank sues87
Westmont, Illinois
“Appetizing Mussels”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Having a birthday dinner with our granddaughter, we were awaiting her arrival and ordered the fresh steamed mussel appetizer. Excellent presentation and a good amount of mussels and broth. The taste was exceptional with a subtle flavor of garlic and shallots with plenty of crostini to sop up the broth. Better mussels than we have had in Florida. Keep them on the menu - we will be back!

• Visited March 2013
“Great Value”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

A quaint little restaurant with an energized atmosphere.
Great selection on the menu.
Portions are a little on the light side but so is the price.
I will go back to this restaurant.

1 Thank Powerplant66