“Chianti”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2018

We ate hereon June 30. They take reservations, even for just two people. The entire staff from the front desk to the server was very pleasant and welcoming. This is a very good, fairly priced choice if you are in downtown Geneva. We started with bruschetta which was well prepared and the portion was definitely large enough for sharing. For the entree my wife ordered seafood with fettucine but didn't want alfredo sauce. No problem, they happily accommodated. I had the pork osso bucco. It was tender, the sauce was excellent and the portion was generous. Some of the restaurants in Geneva have gotten a little ahead of themselves a charge their patrons as if they're paying Chicago rents. Sometimes you just don't want to spend $100+ a couple to go out to eat. This is really good food for a fair price. I think all entrees are under $30, and many are under $20. Even though Chianti's is located in downtown Geneva, we did not have an issue with parking.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Nice dining experience on a very hot day. We chose inside. Our salads were just right, bread warm, entrees excellent. I liked portion size options. Waitstaff was very attentive, although a very busy time.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Very nice place in a lovely area of Geneva with lots of shops and restaurants. Outside and inside dining, informal, low to moderate cost, excellent service when we were there. On Wednesday's you can get a complete spaghetti and meatball dinner, with hot rolls and a nice salad for $6.00. Plenty of food, too. Suggest reservations or going early as the place gets busy. Parking can be an issue, but try the street one block east and walk over -- usually there are open parking spaces available there.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

My wife was shopping at the Little Traveler and my wife asked the sales lady for lunch recommendations and she said Chianti’s. It was a great suggestion. They had an extensive menu that included great salads, entrees and sandwiches. We opted for the sandwiches. My wife had The Godfather, which was a great Italian Beef sandwich with melted cheese and fries. It was so big she could not finish it. I had the Oven Grinder with ham, salami and two cheeses. It was a great sandwich. It was hot and juicy. We would love to go back and try other menu items. The ambiance was very nice and the service excellent. Unfortunately it was not warm enough to eat outside.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here with a friend on a Wednesday for lunch. Parking in this area if Geneva can be a pain. There are no parking lots to speak of. It's all street parking.

It was not busy and we were seated immediately. Our server was friendly and attentive.

We both ordered the lunch portion of the garlic crab. The dishes arrived quickly and were cooked very well. It tasted fantastic!

I would definitely stop here again!

Been to Chianti's? Share your experiences!