“Intimate, authentic and delicious Mexican food”
Review of Sergio's cantina

Sergio's cantina
Ranked #42 of 155 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went here on a Groupon with my daughters in Dec 2012 for late lunch. One of my daughters has lived in Mexico twice during college. She thought the food was very authentic. The food was delicious. I had a migraine that day so we didn't order margaritas, those around us looked good. Seating is limited so call ahead or go at an off time. Nice to find a good Mexican restaurant in the burbs!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place was better when it was a dump before renovations - now the food is overpriced, not as tasty, loud and overcrowded with even slower service.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We live close to this restaurant and had been looking for a good Mexican restaurant. The environment is fun, the specials are great and the environment is fun. We enjoyed the delicious, authentic Mexican food.

When things get crowded, there are some problems with the service, especially when you walk through the door.

But we kind of expect this and it doesn't stop us from enjoying the food and environment.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just OK food and very slow service, maybe because it was half price margeurita night and was very crowded.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Last night we visited Sergio's for dinner. The wait time wasn't too long for a busy Saturday night, but the hostess seemed grouchy. I don't think she smiled all night, let alone her shorts were VERY short. Our server was attentive and gave us ideas on what to order. The items were plentiful but not anything spectacular. My fish tacos could have used more spicy mayo. My husband's chimichanga wasn't crispy. The best part was the Shrimp and Chorizo Queso Fundido. Overall it was okay but I don't think we will return.