The Herrington Inn & Spa
$101
$119
Great 4.5/5
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
$70
Best Western Inn of St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$78
$73
BestWestern.com
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
$63
QualityInn
Good 3.5/5
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles(Saint Charles)
$157
Very Good 4/5
$116
Hampton.com
$84
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
Pheasant Run Resort(Saint Charles)
$149
$139
Travelocity
$142
$129
GardenInn.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmilk and cookiesturn down serviceheated floorsfour poster bedbalcony overlooking the riverwhirlpool tubcontinental breakfastgas fireplacedowntown genevaglass showerromantic weekendwedding nightbeautiful roomchocolate covered strawberriesacross the riverlarge bathroomatwater restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed for one night on a business trip. A wonderful old building. Our room was great first floor towards the Fox River. Mild smell of mildew but hey it's on a River. Staff was polite. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank WillySpr
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Herrington Inn & Spa very soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I attended a wedding at the Herrington last night. We are vegan and mentioned this to our server as the soups were coming out. She made sure that our salads had no cheese, and the chef made us fantastic vegan meals on short--immediate!--notice. We were floored. Impeccable service, delicious food, and an absolutely beautiful venue. It was our first trip to the Herrington, and it definitely will not be our last.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Our mission at The Herrington Inn & Spa is always to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is wonderful to hear that we lived up to this promise during your wedding experience with us. I will personally ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

Great to hear the kitchen team accommodated your requests on immediate notice.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and I just celebrated our two-year anniversary. We were excited to go back to the Herrington as that's where we spent our wedding night. This was also our first night away from our 8 month-old son. I got in touch with Jennifer, the sales director, about a month ago to set up the reservation and I made a few requests for the spa and restaurant. I wanted to do something special for my wife so I requested some help with a menu and a potential couple's massage.

Jennifer was a huge help all along the way. She gave us a generous discount for a Junior River Suite and I thought we would be all good the way with the spa and restaurant.

Our room was exactly how we remembered it from two years ago. We had a great view of the river. We had chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us with a note for our anniversary, though it was for our "1st" anniversary. We laughed it off. Sadly, when we went to sit outside, our table was covered in dirt. We cleaned it ourselves, though when we told the front desk they mentioned there was some power washing going on and they were unable to clean it on time. No big deal.

We went the spa pumped for our couple's massage and when we got to the desk the woman asked who we were. She said she didn't have us down, but that we had been scheduled for the next night. This was a pretty big disappointment as my wife and I were looking forward to it as a great lead-in for the dinner. The front desk was very apologetic about the mix-up and later on we found a generous bath essentials gift in our room along with a $100 gift certificate for the inconvenience. We felt it more than made up for what happened.

Our dinner at Atwater's was fantastic, with great food and great service by Rene. I recommend the crab fritters and the sea bass along with some wine from Sparkman cellars.

We chose to wait until morning for the amazing milk & cookies. This morning I was a bit concerned about the smell from the bathroom, a kind of sewage/gassy smell coming from the toilet. It wasn't so bad that I told the front desk, but it may be something to look into. The continental breakfast was more than enough for us and then we were on our way to the All Chocolate Kitchen for a great afternoon. During breakfast I did overhear the hostess from the restaurant leaving a voicemail with me about a reservation for tonight. I walked over and inquired. They apparently had me booked for the Saturday (though we ate there Friday) for a party of 8. I'm glad we were able to keep them from that booking. We used the gift card toward this trip.

Overall, this was a great overnight. We were sad for some of the miscues, especially the spa. Everyone who worked there was very courteous and helpful. We felt taken care of when things went wrong and we definitely hope to make it a regular anniversary trip. We trust that as we get known over the years some of the miscues will disappear.

Thanks, Herrington, for everything! We hope to see you again next year!

Room Tip: Junior River Suite. It looks like the cottages have much more privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Our mission at The Herrington Inn & Spa is always to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is very disappointing to hear that we did not live up to this promise during your stay with us.

I sincerely apologize for the issues detailed and the disappointment this caused during your visit. It is good to hear your positive comments on how the situation was dealt with and I will be sure to pass these comments on.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My sister in law and I just had the best weekend ever! We chose the Girls Gotta Get away package. We checked in Friday evening. Saturday morning we both enjoyed a facial and massage accompanied by a fantastic foot bath. During our weekend stay the Swedish Days Fest was going on which was just steps away from the Inn. The staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable! Our room was on the second floor with a nice baloney and great view of the river! Beds are super comfy as I fell asleep right away! Also you can't beat the chocolate chip cookies and milk they give you each night! I've found my little piece of heaven!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Our mission at The Herrington Inn & Spa is always to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is wonderful to hear that we lived up to this promise during your stay with us. I will personally ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

The festivities of Swedish Days are a great time to visit the Herrington Inn and the City of Geneva itself. Your little piece of Heaven (and extra cookies) will be awaiting your return.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I hade a floor level room with a porch and table and chairs. Great view of the Fox River. Loved my fireplace in my room. The bed was so comfy. I used the in room bath services a
and the unique items in the mini bar. I felt like a queen. Its a must stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank dejimita
Stewart B, Director of Operations at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014