We have stayed at the Herrington numerous time since 2004 (12-15 times). The first few years, we felt that this was the best hotel in Chicagoland. It was our romantic get-away. The last few times we have stayed, we began seeing things start to go down hill (stains on carpets, loose faucets, broken floor tiles in the bathroom, the potpourri was at least 5 years old, tube TV, etc.) When we stayed in January 2013 it was obvious that someone had laid on our bed prior to us entering. they said the were training the housekeeping staff. This last time, November 23, 2013 was our last trip. We walked into the room and did our normal sweep and in the bathroom there was lingerie hanging on the bathroom door from the last people that had the room!! Disgusting! We started looking around the room and there were cobwebs all over the ceiling, the four poster bed was full of dust and the carpet had un-identifiable stains. There was a chunk out of the corner of the wall and holes where something used to be hanging. It makes one wonder what they are cleaning. How can you miss lingerie hanging on the back of the door? Then to top it off, the now have a "Passion Kit" as part of their wet bar. It is beginning to resemble a rent by the hour place. I expressed my concerns to management and apparently they are willing to lose me as a customer. This place costs $250+ a night! I think a $50 a night place would be cleaner. Save your money and go to a Hampton!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva