“Very nice hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneva
USA
“Very nice hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, due to the lack of other nice hotels in the area.

Really nice room on the first floor, right on the river, fireplace, etc. Gigantic room, huge bathroom, everything was spotless.

It's not really a business hotel, but there was a big desk and free wifi, so it was fine with me. But certainly more of a couples/wedding/date place!

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

A group of friends and I stayed here for a little Bachlorette Party weekend. Is such a gorgeous hotel. Our room was really nice, but the bathroom was the best! The only down fall was the lighting when we all tryed to get ready, it was a little too dim for us. As for a couples get away this is a great hotel for that. Great bar and restaurant! The staff is fantastic. There is lots to do in Genevea and St. Charles, so the hotel has a shuttle bus to take you to and from where you need to be, all you have to do is ask. All the guest at the hotel were very friendly. The best part I'd have to say are the yummy chocolate cookies the maids bring to your room in the evening. Over all good experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
JP_Herrington, Director of Sales at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for coming in with the girls and we are glad you enjoyed our beautiful property and all of the great things there are that Geneva has to offer! Thanks also for taking the time to share your comments.
Aurora, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for our Wedding Anniversary during Easter Weekend 2012. This is our 2nd stay at the Herrington. We had requested an early check in since we had a Spa Appointment at 11:30am. When we finished our Spa Experience (I had a massage and she had a facial; massage was good; mostly relaxing vs working out knots etc; my wife enjoyed her facial) but our room was not ready. So we went into town and had lunch at the Old Towne bar. Good bar food eats and nicely mixed drinks; bartender appeared to be an Aaron Rogers look alike. He knew that and wanted us to know he wasnt a Packer fan; haha. So then we received a call fromt the Herrington letting us know our room was ready so we headed back and checked into our room (Room 212). It was a corner room with both the Courtyard and River view. The room had a Fireplace in the corner, flat screen tv, bathroom had separate hot tub and shower. The hot tub was wonderful. Staff was also wonderful and knew that it was our anniversary and had provided us a complimentary bottle of champaign (such a nice touch). We had dinner at Atwaters. I had the Filet (very very good) and my wife had the special Risotto with Crab Leg and she said it was extremely good. Both of us are industry restaurant vetarans so you can believe us when we say the food was great and Atwaters is a must-do when you stay. Sunday morning we had a miscommunication regarding our breakfast/brunch reservations. The Herrington had us booked only for a Sunday morning breakfast at Atwaters when we had meant that we wanted the special Easter Brunch. The front desk was more than accomodating and worked us in for the Brunch. The Brunch was a good buffet but pretty steep at the $36 price point and $15 mimosas but for the one time Easter Brunch occaision with almost what ever fresh made food you wanted I guess the price was about right. Now for the negatives- the Bed was probably really nice a some point but it snugged us in so much that we couldnt move and it made for a very restless night. Also, being that we had a River view there were so many bugs and spiders on the deck outside and some made there way into the room. Although not bothersome I think that they can at least treat the outside with some kind of repellant. Also some of these bugs were all over the courtyard grounds. Basically this tells me that they simply need to pay a bit more attention to the outside grounds. I do recommend walking the River bikepath/trail. Next time we come we will bring our bicycles seeing as there are so many trails and the scenery is so nice. Be sure to carry a big stick with you as there are geese everywhere. So to recap, we will stay again at the Herrington as its definitely one of the nicest places in the west suburbs and we certainly enjoy going there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I wanted to love the Herrington. It just wasn't that great. Maybe it was our room with the "town view" (parking lot). Maybe the the river view side is nice, but this "parlor suite" had an awkward layout with a fireplace in no man's land, the bed was comfortable but in the corner of this L shaped room with no circulation. The TV was small and old and in a upper cabinet which wouldn't normally matter but it was March Madness. The continental breakfast was good but the seating was minimal and we had to sit in these chairs that pulled up to a table that was the height of an end table. My knees didn't exactly tuck. The location is convenient but avoid the parlor if you go.

Room Tip: Avoid the parlor town view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monet2011
logwes, General Manager at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Unfortunately your room was one of 3 rooms within the hotel that does not have a view of the river. The view of our courtyard and the river is a significant part of the Herrington experience and I am sorry you were unable to enjoy our scenic location.

Please contact me directly if you would like to come back so I can make make up for your last experience.

Paul Ruby, GM
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

As odd as it might sound, my husband & I live in Geneva but once a year, we sneak away to The Herrington to “get away.” Our small little town has so much to offer & every now and then it’s nice to put our day to day responsibilities aside and just enjoy Geneva as a tourist would.

There is so much to love about the Herrington. It oozes charm from the minute you walk into the lobby. The staff is exceptionally friendly (if you’ve never been to Geneva, it’s one of the town’s best features. Almost everyone is friendly!) The Inn has a restaurant located just off the lobby – Atwoods. It is a little pricier than most restaurants in Geneva but the view is lovely. When you make reservations, ask to sit near the windows that overlook the Fox River. The Inn also has a small spa. If visiting between May-October, be sure to book your appointment early as they can fill up on a busy weekend.

As for the rooms, I highly recommend booking a River Premier room, as the extra amenities, which I’ll get into in a minute, are worth the extra money. Unfortunately, none were available when my husband & I last visited and I was very disappointed. It was not the experience I was used to, and quite frankly, I’d expect more for what I paid. But that aside, let me tell you what you’ll love about the Herrington, regardless of which room you stay in. The rooms are very private and quiet. Our room overlooked the courtyard, which is a nice view. It also had a fireplace, which is always a nice “extra” to have. The bathroom has marble floors, a luxurious soaking tub and a separate, glass shower. Turn down service usually arrives between 5:30-8:30, where spa-quality robes and fluffy slippers are put out and a plate of cookies, accompanied by cold (real glass) bottles of milk on ice, is left waiting for you. What a treat! There is also a very simple (cereal, fruit, a few pastries & coffee) continental breakfast in the lobby.

Now why I was disappointed…as I mentioned, our last stay had us in a lovely room overlooking the Fox River. It was larger in square footage – both the room and the bathroom. The bathroom was truly exquisite – spacious with heated marble floors. The bath, in my memory, was also bigger than the one in the courtyard room. Because the room was bigger, we were able to lay in bed and watch the fireplace. In the courtyard room, the bed was so close to the fireplace, we weren’t able to see it/enjoy it. There is no other seating option for two in the room, so it was almost a wasted feature and I REALLY missed the heated floor in the bathroom. At a rate of $239+tax ($265 total!), I’d expect all of the rooms to be comfy, cozy, sanctuaries. This one was nice, but overpriced for a fairly standard hotel room. At that rate, we could have gone to Chicago and stayed at a boutique hotel.

With all of that said, I do highly recommend a River Premier room at The Herrington. It is an absolutely darling inn, albeit overpriced. Geneva is a charming little town, with great food, lots of shopping & some of the friendliest people you’ll have the pleasure of meeting. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a river premier room. The views are lovely and the rooms are MUCH nicer.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bmgonz
Byron, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a night away when we stumbled upon the Herrington Inn & Spa. All I can say is, "Outstanding!". Without rambling, I think it's best to just list what I love about this place:
The Staff - Friendly, Attentive, Accomodating!
The Room - Warm, Beautiful, Comfortable!
The Bed - Cozy, Soft, Dreamy!
The Bath - Fits two! (enough said) :)
The Hotel - Historical, Inviting, Relaxing.
The Area - Wonderful town! Quick walk to a few pubs. Right on the river!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends. (I actually already have!)
Can't wait to return to this wonderful place!!!

Room Tip: River View...lovely!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Went on our annual girls shopping trip and stayed at the Herrington for the first time. It was beautiful and cozy. The staff was the most friendly group of people from the hotel to the spa. We enjoyed our stay so much and they had all the little touches to make it extra special right down to warm cookies and milk when they turn your bed down. I would recommend this as a girls trip or a romantic get away. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
#3 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to The Herrington Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!