We've been coming to the Herrington for the last several years and have always found it a delightful experience. We typically stay in a Deluxe River or Junior Suite and have found both excellent. We particularly enjoy having a balcony over the river. While I read a few comments about the TV positioning it is not a big deal to us and apparently there are rooms you can request where this is less of an issue. The marble baths, fixtures, towels and robes are all top-shelf. The continental breakfast is always fresh, plentiful and not your standard breakfast fare. The first quality meats, cheeses and pastries are of a quality you rarely find but in the nicest hotels. Our experieince with the service has always been very good and the ambiance of the lobby, fireplace and stonework is all very charming. We've enjoyed room service the restaurant very much however we often like to explore the many great restaurants in Geneva. The Chinese place in downtown St. Charles (Hunan??) delivers and is one of our favorites in all of Chicago. We have reccommended the Herrington to family, friends and colleagues and they always report a wonderful experience. One friend said the steak he had at the restaurant was the best he'd ever eaten (and he's eaten a lot of steaks). While I'm a regular visitor to Tripadvisor this the first time I've felt compelled to write a review because the The Herrington is a great home away from home for me and my wife. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva