“Perfect”

The Herrington Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneva
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Previous reviews re the herrington are right on... Great big, clean, cozy room overlooking river, with comfortable bed with fully upgraded bathroom..
Location .... Perfect
Service.... Perfect
Restaurant... Great food, great service.
Spa.... Not the greatest massage as far as deep tissue goes, and this opinion was confirmed by the three guests that were with me..

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Caplanjl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Elgin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Herrington for our 1 Year Wedding Anniversary and were both just amazed at the quality of service provided!!! We had never been to the Inn before, but we will most certainly be going back! The rooms were absolutely immaculate, dinner at their restaurant was perfect and our visit to the spa was beyond amazing!! The extremely welcoming spa staff bent over backwards to make sure the services we wanted were provided b/c we had not made reservations ahead of time. They were more than accomodating! I would recommend this Inn to anyone and everyone. We, of course, will be back on our 2nd Anniversary!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JerseyBaxter
logwes, Manager at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
I'm pleased that you spent your first anniversary with us and had a good experience. We look forward to being your special anniversary getaway place for many years to come.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

I had such a lovely time at Harrington Inn and Spa. The service is top notch and the rooms are beautiful. The rooms over looking the river are the way to go. Every aspect or the hotel, from the background music in the lobby to the decor exudes a plush calmness. And how's this for service? When I lost an earring in the spa, they took my name and number and called me after finding the earring over a week later. They were happy to send it to me.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank bethc228
logwes, General Manager at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for the great feedback. I'm glad we were able to find your earring!

Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

Read good reviews online and decided to try it. Absolutely delighted to spend a night there. Spent a Saturday night in a Junior River Suite on the first floor. Turn down service, drawn bath, absolutely wonderful dinner in the dining room! Nicole was a waitress/server who went above and beyond!! Expert service for food and wine. Decided to stay for brunch the next day. Service not as attentive, but food wonderful. Will go back there any time!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cindysg48
I'm glad your stay went well. Thank you for the feedback regarding Nicole. She was thrilled to be acknowledged.

chicago illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

It's very rare for my wife and I to stay at the same place multiple times. We like to experience new places. The Herrington is the exception to this rule. We just returned from our 4th visit and it has always been a great place to celebrate our special occasions. If you live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago or visiting the area you will not find a nicer Hotel!!

1 Thank drumdan2002
HerringtonGM, General Manager at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Thank you for the great feedback. We look forward to your 5th stay!

Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

This place is one of our hosts favourite getaways and we could definitely see why. As a mini trip (A valentines day treat) within a longer visit with family in the US we also fell in love with The Herrington. Our hosts live less than an hour away but love to treat themselves with an overnight stay here whenever they can. There was snow on the ground which gave it a cosy ski lodge feel. Loved the fireplace in the rooms and the very high, comfy bed. The bathroom was a treat with it's huge spa bath and sleek glass shower stall. Geneva is a great place with it's quirky shops - a great little escape.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight getaway at the Herrington and I could not get on my computer fast enough to extend my thankfulness to have such a wonderful gem in our area.

From the moment we walked in the front door, the lobby took our breath away with its beautiful winding staircase and elegant decor. This hotel is clean, clean, clean! The front desk staff was outstanding, courteous, and caring. I asked if there were any available free upgrades and the front desk attendant immediately offered us a Junior Suite at no extra charge. She even asked if I prefered the second or third floor. We chose the third floor.

Our room was absolutely perfect. All windows looked out on to the beautiful Fox River. The fireplace in the room was gorgeous. Canopy bed was MUCH MUCH more comfortable than any hotel bed I have ever been in (and believe me...I am a BIG Westin Heavenly bed fan). Their pillows are fantastic and the room was immaculately clean on our arrival.

I was much looking forward to taking a whirlpool bath, but it could not get the jets to turn on. I asked the housekeeping ladies for help. They tried, but to no avail. I called the front desk and 30 SECONDS later there was a knock on the door from a hotel attendant. He could not figure it out either. He went down to the front desk and 30 SECONDS later the front desk called and not only apologized for the inconvenience, but offered to upgrade us, yet again, to a LARGER suite! I was so impressed. As it turns out, we prefered our original room and stayed there, but the front desk staff insisted on doing something for the inconvenience, so they gave us a $25.00 gift card good for our next vist.

We made dinner reservations at Foxfire across the street from the Herrington, and the front desk not only secured the reservation, but also offered to give us a RIDE ACROSS THE STREET, because it was raining.

After dinner we returned to our room to find fresh, cold milk and warm cookies, the bed had been turned down, beautiful music was playing and robes and slippers were laid out for us. PERFECT!

Please dont pass this hotel by! They have earned every diamond on their many 4 diamond awards! Stay there if only for one night to experience old world charm and perfection all around. Enjoy the cubbyhole by the elevator that displays photos of some of the famous people that have also stayed at the Herrington such as, Roseanne Barr, Jude Law, Bill Cosby and my all time favorite Mr. TOM HANKS!

Perfect, and wonderful...we are already counting the days untill our next visit in May! Thank you for a well needed break from the real world! You are truly PERFECT!

Thank you so much Herrington....WAY TO GO!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
#3 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to The Herrington Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!