“Delicious”

Country House
Ranked #36 of 155 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in a rustic atmosphere has made The County House Restaurants a west suburban favorite for more than 15 years. It is located on the Illinois Prairie Path across the street from Elfstrom Stadium (Home of The Kane County Cougars) and The Fox Valley Ice Arena. It is a great spot for a quick business lunch, a relaxed dinner, or just to have a cocktail with your neighbor. We are best known for our highly touted "Country Burger" a hearty half pound served on dark rye. It was recently voted "Chicago's Favorite Burger" by the readers of The Chicago Tribune. In addition our menu also features hickory smoked ribs, char-broiled steaks, fresh salads, pastas, and daily specials - all in a friendly neighborhood setting. There is a cozy full service bar where you can enjoy your favorite beer, a martini, or a glass of wine by the fireplace. You could also dine outside on our spacious cedar deck overlooking a beautifully landscaped pond. We are open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner, or a late night meal.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had the rib eye steak best steak i ever tried im from los angeles currently here for work i must go back before i leave great old fashion place nice atmosphere great service overall waitress on point if u havent been here youre missing out

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Recently ate here and had a decent experience. Our waiter was really nice and friendly. We felt very welcomed. I had the country burger and my brother had the steak. Burger was good but there wasn't anything spectacular about it. The rib eye steak was a great deal for 14.99 in my opinion. Nice portion size and tasty. If I was to go back, I would opt for the rib eye.

Overall, it is a nice establishment and seems to be a local favorite but it's nothing special.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've been celebrating my dad's birthday here for the past 3 years and have always had a great time. The food has always been very good and cooked as requested. Never a very long wait. The waitresses/waiter have been great each time and really helped to make it a fun evening - thanks Eileen, Ami and Jason. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Burger and steak house, but offer good quality meats including good, tasty low fat bison and ostrich burgers. Gluten free options are available and though gluten free starters are limited, the waitress helped accommodate by bringing fresh vegetables instead of pita with the dip - and the veg was very fresh and obviously new cut. Good friendly service and reasonably priced. The restaurant is large, was busy all night but we were quickly seated on the patio as requested. I would go again if looking for good staple American fare.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went here for lunch on a Sunday. The staff were all very friendly and we were seated right away. Our waitress was very attentive and efficient. My chicken panini was good, but my daughter and husband got the country burger which they said was delicious. The steak fries were okay -- nothing special. Overall, a good meal with a very nice waitress.