“You want eat here? Realy?”
Review of Fiora's

Fiora's
Ranked #10 of 149 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Not sure when the other reviews were written but this was a terrible experience! The potato side dishes were bland and cafeteria like. The meat was ordered medium rare (pink warm center) and came rare (cool and bloody) I would think that a chef should learn how to cook a steak in cooking class 101. The server was indifferent to us and the food took over an hour to be served. This is crazy since there were only 4 tables seated when we ordered. The few people that were there were jammed into a glass fish bowl that once was a porch. I suppose they do that so people passing by think wow that place must be good it looks packed! Meanwhile the poor suckers inside are sitting in the equivalent of a drum all trying to out talk the uncomfortably close table next to them. My recommendation go anywhere but here!

3  Thank ronkoby
There are newer reviews for Fiora's

Reviewed September 13, 2012

While the restaurant appears quaint and inviting, I found the menu very expensive for what I received. I know scallops aren't the easiest to prepare, they tasted on the bland side and rather gummy. I like the idea of suggesting wine pairings with specific entrees but it seems the restaurant simply wants to spend your money all in one evening. The staff is okay, not as special as I would expect for the amount we spent. On one hand, the chef is articulate in the description of entrees but then the food seemed unseasoned and boring, which was surprising. The steak my husband had was not medium rare-more medium which was disappointing. On the whole, disappointed to spend that kind of money at a restaurant that wasn't even in downtown Chicago, where one expects to spend a lot.

1  Thank Italiangirl129
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Fiora's has a unique settign in Geneva. Unlike other restaurants in Geneva, Fiora is set back fromt the road and has a very quaint look and feel. The open terrace area is casual and elegant and the interior is more intimate and with tables not packed too close to one another. I would point out I was surprised the tables inside did not have table cloths...

The wine selection was very comprehensive and it was easy to find a choice to go both with my wife's scallops and my short ribs...excellent cheese platters...

A great place for a special event. My wife has already pegged this one for a return visit.

4  Thank Belikinbeer
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I shouldn't even rate Fiora's, since next time I go, I might not be able to get in. I've only been there for lunch but have never been disappointed. Food and service is outstanding, and I highly recommend the crab cakes!

4  Thank space35
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Called ahead and said we were celebrating my mom's 85th birthday. They did give us a "private" room but sat us in front of a window with the setting sun when it was 98 degrees outside. The restaurant was not crowded but no one asked if we were too warm and would like to move. My steak came that I had asked for medium rare and it was gray. When I questioned the waiter about it, he told me to come into the kitchen where the light was better. I thought he was joking...he wasn't. I declined and said I know what a medium rare steak tastes like and looks like (there was no juice). They did give me a better prepared steak but by then everyone was done. No mention of my mom's birthday or any effort to make her feel special. I was disppointed. Don't know what happened but this was not a good experience. I wanted to email them but no email address :-(

2  Thank Christiann52