“Sensational” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

The croissants were fabulous. The almond and chocolate were outstanding. There were many other delectable looking pastries that I will try when I return....soon.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Monet2011

Batavia, Illinois
“Fine desserts & bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was entertaining guests from Belgium over the weekend and knew I needed an extra special dessert, so off to Cocoa Bean I went. Unfortunately, upon arrival Sunday, the door was locked and they were sweeping the floor. I got back to the car feeling very let down when the owner opened the door and asked if he could help me. Very surprised I explained I was hoping to get an assortment of the individual portioned desserts. After going inside, he opened the cooler and brought out a tray full of these petite beautiful creations. I chose 6 which he boxed up and I was happily on my way. Dessert was a huge hit. I love the mini passion fruit dessert and the chocolate peanut butter bombe is awesome. It's so nice living in a community where the owner of a shop would do something so kind, plus having small shops such as Coca Bean!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Barbiu
Darien, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No passport needed ! this is the real deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is not a forgery, This is the real deal.!!!
Being French..sorry we are picky about our croissants ..., pain aux chocolat and desert
I have waited for over 25 years to finally Say C'est Incroyable! This is the real croissant , pain au chocolat or other pastries just like home ( and the almond croissant is to die for)
many look alike out there ...but not even close.. and the cakes !! "Fiona" is perfect for my Irish wife! ( baileys inside!) Congrats !! Now I need one closer to my house...

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Michel g
Chicago
“Best croissants and great drinks too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Like the other posters, I am so picky about pastries too. I was blown away by theirs! Great chai and coffees too.

Chicago, IL
“Best baked goods I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I'm from France, so I have really high expectations when it comes to pastries and cakes. The croissants at Cocoa Bean are the best I have ever had since I moved to the US (and I've traveled around the country quite a bit). We've tried the plain ones, the ones with chocolate and the ones with almond and they are all excellent. The mini cakes are amazing too: we ordered some for my son's 2nd birthday and everybody was raving about them. I feel so lucky to have found this place!

• Visited August 2011