“No passport needed ! this is the real deal”
Review of Cocoa Bean

Cocoa Bean
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Geneva
Darien, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No passport needed ! this is the real deal”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is not a forgery, This is the real deal.!!!
Being French..sorry we are picky about our croissants ..., pain aux chocolat and desert
I have waited for over 25 years to finally Say C'est Incroyable! This is the real croissant , pain au chocolat or other pastries just like home ( and the almond croissant is to die for)
many look alike out there ...but not even close.. and the cakes !! "Fiona" is perfect for my Irish wife! ( baileys inside!) Congrats !! Now I need one closer to my house...

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Michel g

Chicago
“Best croissants and great drinks too!”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Like the other posters, I am so picky about pastries too. I was blown away by theirs! Great chai and coffees too.

Chicago, IL
“Best baked goods I have ever had!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I'm from France, so I have really high expectations when it comes to pastries and cakes. The croissants at Cocoa Bean are the best I have ever had since I moved to the US (and I've traveled around the country quite a bit). We've tried the plain ones, the ones with chocolate and the ones with almond and they are all excellent. The mini cakes are amazing too: we ordered some for my son's 2nd birthday and everybody was raving about them. I feel so lucky to have found this place!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank cbach74
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Mini-Desserts”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I have never eaten here for lunch, but ALWAYS carry out a box of their mini desserts when I'm having company. Just the PERFECT bite size pieces, and great variety. Everyone always comments on how wonderful they are!

Chicago
“Delectable!”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

This place is sooo wonderful! They have the best chocolate desserts, not candies, but little dessert pastries. Their hot cocoa is the best I've ever had. You can buy beautiful, delicious little bite sized pastries, medium sized and large for a whole group. Everything is excellent.
Recently they started offering soup at lunchtime. I've had the French Onion and Butternut Squash and both were excellent. I would not recommend the soup for take-out though, as they forget the brioche with the french onion and regular bread with other soups. And the bread is delicious so you'll want to have that for sure.