“top notch”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Five stars. Great service from the bartender while we waited for our table. Great service from our server and the bus people who helped her. The food is outstanding. Very fresh tasting. Perfect spices and well cooked. We had the pollo tacos, swordfish tacos, steak tacos, and one other. All outstanding. Our server also recommended the grilled corn a rice dish which were a perfect compliment to our dinner.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant several times and I just love it. Food consistently good. You will be cozy so keep that in mind but the atmosphere is great.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

Let me start by saying I LOVE Mexican/Latin based foods! So, after many great reviews & recommendations, the 4 of us headed there last night (Sat). OK - we arrived by 5:30 & they place was packed. After a short wait (10 mins) we were seated inside a narrow building at a table suitable for 2, yet we were 4. OK - I get the trendy urban chic crowded idea, but really???? Menu is quite nice & presentation was nice - but 4 tiny tacos & w/o double tortilla - contents kinda fell out - really???? Margaritas were good, but take out the ice cubes & glass held about 3-4 oz of drink and this at $12 - really???? Bean dip & chips were good, but portion VERY small. Sides to order were good (corn, bean, white rice) but also quite small. Bottom line, 4 drinks, 3 orders of tacos and 3 sides - and we spent $110 before tip. So, we won't go back - in spite of the flood of great reviews. It's trendy, fresh food, cook staff works their butts off, crowded, noisy, & I think a perfect place for milleniums to drop a chunk of change but not for me - really????

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit and we will definitely be returning. We got there as the restaurant opened and it was soon packed. Everything was fresh and seasoned perfectly. The margarita was small but very refreshing. We tried the guacamole with fruit which was cantaloupe tonight. Very good. My husband had the skirt steak tacos and I tried the swordfish tacos. Both entrees were plentiful (4) and tasty. We had sides of pinto beans and a roasted corn dish. Even though they claim to be small plates, you do get generous portions. Our servers were very attentive as my water glass was constantly being refilled.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Bien Trucha for lunch knowing it would be easier to get in than at dinner time. We got there right when they opened on a Sunday. Good thing because 20 minutes later it was filled! We started with the guacamole of the day. It was excellent! Then we moved on to sharing 3 orders of tacos. That worked out perfectly because there are 4 in each order and they are small. Everything we had was excellent. I can’t wait to go back. I would highly recommend going to Bien Trucha for a great lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Bien Trucha? Share your experiences!