“Great Tacos!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Bien Trucha for lunch knowing it would be easier to get in than at dinner time. We got there right when they opened on a Sunday. Good thing because 20 minutes later it was filled! We started with the guacamole of the day. It was excellent! Then we moved on to sharing 3 orders of tacos. That worked out perfectly because there are 4 in each order and they are small. Everything we had was excellent. I can’t wait to go back. I would highly recommend going to Bien Trucha for a great lunch or dinner.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

This was my second time to Bien Trucha, and we sat in a different building than the last time. You should know that seating is very tight (urban style), which did not bother us, but I could see it being an issue for some. The seats on the outside of the banquette are stools, which is either a space saver or a way to get people to move along quicker, and that did take its toll on our backs. Food and drinks are fabulous and small plates that were perfect to share with our group. I had the Bourbon Sangria which was outstanding. My husband enjoyed his Margarita too. Then we ordered guacamole and chips, which was better than most, but somewhat ordinary. Next up, we ordered a chorizo plate that was outstanding, but unfortunately, I can't remember what it was. Rice and beans were also good. The rice in particular has a sauce that is really different and delicious! Then we tried the chicken, beef, and pork tacos (each plate comes with four tacos) and they were all were very tasty. Hard to say which we liked best because they were all different. Only issues were that our light was out over our table and we mentioned to our server that it was hard to see the menu in the dark. Maybe he didn't want to change the bulb while we were sitting there, but he could have offered. Also, the music is very loud club music. We all love music, but we sat a long time, so it started to get a little old. I think they could go for slightly softer music and still keep the hip vibe they are clearly seeking. Overall, really love this place and hope to come back soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Delicious food, such attention to details. Elevated Mexican cuisine. Go, it’s delicious and the atmosphere is delightful.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed April 30, 2018

This place is still on the hype-list and it reminds me of any hype that continues on but for what reason?? We have tried to like this place three times now, going back with friends who wanted to try it. It still does NOT live up to hype. The arrogance is loud & clear from the cramped area to enter (greeter/host) to the wait staff. Come on folks; they are over-priced tacos, guac and chips. How can anyone enjoy the cramped atmosphere if you are here to relax and enjoy a meal if you are literally elbow-to-elbow? The outside area was a relief but because of the hype factor, it is difficult to snag a table, period. We are done trying to like this place and will go to other taco places that are friendly and grateful for your visit and have superior food for less.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Living near Bien Trucha is dangerous. The food is beyond amazing and the bourbon sangria is to die for. This is the spot for Saturday night dinner, special occasions or Sunday brunch. I've had taco's all over the world & this is by far my favorite place.