“Something special in Geneva”
Review of Bien Trucha

Bien Trucha
Ranked #1 of 149 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Want to break the mold? Try something unique? My suggestion is Bien Trucha in Geneva, IL. We stopped in late on a Tuesday evening so there was no wait but the restaurant was still lively. The food was spectacular. I recommend the namesake, Bien Trucha tacos, which are served Tapas style. Each member of our party ordered a different type of taco, we had two sides and split a desert. All the fun and flavor of the big city in the far west suburb of Geneva! Bien Trucha is a must do for foodies.

1  Thank HJF_2010

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was a little worried when my sister drove us from Wheaton (about 20-30 minutes) saying there was some "good tacos" in Geneva... I mean... why not just go to Taco Bell???

Well, because Bien Trucha is fantastic, that's why. Truly top notch tacquirea.

There is some house items like enchiladas, salad, etc but the tacos are where it's at. There was three of us, we ordered three orders (they come with four tacos) and it was more than enough. All of them were full of flavor and very dynamic. Margarita was very fresh and tasty.

As others have said, it is a place in demand and is small... so go at off-hours or be prepared to wait!

Definitely worth a bit of drive if you are anywhere in the area.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Bien Trucha is a true authentic gourmet Mexican restaurant akin to what Rick Bayless has developed. Quarters are rather cramped and demand is high. Therefore, the wait to get a seat is excessive and seating is tight. Food is excellent and unique. The food is heavily influenced by a Mexico City style of cooking. It is not a place where you can leisurely dine but you will very satisfied with your meal. I would have rated it higher if it was not for the seating arrangement.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place was recommended by some co-workers. Finally was able to get out to Geneva to try this place out. We got there at 4:30, to beat the line and it only took about 10 minutes to get after it opened. Luckily Geneva had their wine and food fest that day. Ordered the Tilapia, Steak, and Pork Tacos w/the side of corn rice. The taste was out of this world!! The Tilapia melted in your mouth, and the other two had such great flavor. The rice and corn was outstanding along with the Cucumber Margarita. Then finished off the meal with the corn cake that had sprinkle of white sugar and caramel tequila sauce. That was the best corn cake I have ever had!! BT is definitely not cheap, but I highly recommend that you try this hidden gem out.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Excellent Food! This is not your average Mexican Restaurant .Your mouth will Dance! Handcrafted Margaritas are incredible!