“Not recommended”
Review of Atwater's

Atwater's
Reserve with OpenTable
Atwater's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 149 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine dining on the waterfront at this gem, tucked inside the Herrington Inn & Spa. Al fresco dining in season. Serves three meals daily, open 365 days per year. Advance reservations highly recommended Private waterfront Gazebo for 8 guests is also available.
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Poor quality and unappetizing food. Sent it back. Never again.

There are newer reviews for Atwater's

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We go to Atwater's any time we want to treat ourselves to a fine dining experience. We've eaten there for petty much every meal they serve from the once per month high tea to the holiday brunches, and they consistently meet our expectations.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We heard about the Herrington Inn & Spa & Atwater's from a friend of ours. Since our last name is Atwater I decided to plan a surprise weekend for my husband & I for our first wedding anniversary. The meal (and stay at Herrington) was so amazing I can not express enough in words! All I can say is ... if you have not tried - you must definitely try. The food is so delicious. This was the best meal that we have ever eaten!!! The surf & turf was amazing!! The atmosphere was fantastic! The entire staff - from the executive chef, to the F&B manager, to the wait staff were so kind and made our first anniversary a memorable one that we will definitely not forget :)

Reviewed July 8, 2011

We visited Atwater's in Geneva, IL on July 5, 2011, with a VIP who was visiting from out of town. We chose Atwater's because we wanted a quiet place where we could easily talk with great service and impressive food. I cannot begin to explain how perfect this night was for us. Our VIP was very impressed...and of course, so were we! Renee, our server was amazing. So polite, professional, attentive...and always smiling. Atwater's Executive Chef, Jason, made several trips through the dining room chatting with customers. Very impressive! He made everyone, especially us, feel welcome and appreciated. The food was amazing. After starting with the "Chef's Gift" -- a tasty bite of tenderloin on crostini, I moved on to the seared tuna -- it was better any tuna I've had in the finest of seafood restaurants. My husband had the NY strip...topped with the most wonderful Morels. We sipped champagne and enjoyed a 3+ hour dinner - finished with chocolate covered strawberries prepared especially for us by Chef Jason. It was a perfect evening from beginning to end, so if you are looking for a place to entertain or celebrate a special occaision, this is the place. Kudos, Atwater's, on a job well done!

1  Thank bubblesrus
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I knew it would be good based on Phil Vettel's review in the Chicago Tribune, but I had no idea it would be so wonderful. Food quality, attention to detail and service were outstanding. And the location on the river made us feel like we were in Europe. We can't wait to go back.