“Fabulous dining experience!”

Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 152 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South
Transit: The Union Pacific/West Line Metra train station is one block south of Wildwood
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful evening at Wildwood last night. We began in the bar and enjoyed the company of the male bartender (sorry I didn't get his name). We learned all about the town and upcoming events. He also set up a ride for us back to the Herrington. We then dined in the restaurant. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The other employees were also very kind and took excellent care of us. Our rib eye steak and surf & turf were delicious!!! We had a night cap in the bar while we waited for our ride. Can't wait to go back!!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Venue is nice, staff have always been pleasant, good selection of wines. My grouch is with the food preparation. Given the venue, price etc, I would expect food to be prepared in the kitchen and allow some minor 'customization', but it seems not. When I asked, was told food was delivered as it and so no flexibility. Seems odd to find such a lack of flexibility in 'fine dining'.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant was very charming, had great food, and our server was excellent! I ordered the filet and I must say it's the best steak I've had in years! It melted in my mouth, was cooked to the perfect temperature, and had great flavor! The appetizers were good, desert was just ok, but the service from our waitress was absolutely wonderful. I'm so bad at remembering names, maybe her name was Chelsea? She was upbeat, friendly, offered suggestions/comments on the food, and was attentive. One interesting thing to note was that we found the entrance confusing. We didn't know which door to go in to get in to the restaurant. The first entrance we came across was for a separate room for special parties, the second door we went in actually led us in to the bar. We ended up having to walk through the entire restaurant to get to the main entrance and to check in with the hostess. If I'm in the area again, there is no question that I will return to this establishment!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food, service and management used to be good at Wildwood. Unfortunately, that just isn't the case anymore. My wife and I along with guests have had several bad experiences at this restaurant ranging from severely undercooked or fully overcooked dishes. The steak quality has gone down and the seafood is way overpriced for the options to choose from on the menu. The staff seems to be in disarray continually. Drinks are good in the bar but now the bands that come into to play (other than Steve Ditzel and Dennis OBrien) are so loud that you leave with a headache. Don't even think about attending any of the special events or private dining events. All have been quite poor and even sent a colleague to the hospital one evening. All in all a good start has turned into an unfortunately costly mess. There are several options beyond wildwood to consider in Geneva. Naperville has excellent options has well.

6  Thank Troy G
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Six people met for dinner. Seated promptly at 6:30 and the restaurant had only a few tables full. Waited at least 10 minutes for server. Throughout the night our server was busy serving everyone else but our table. My husband's beer was empty for 1/2 hour or more. Could never catch server's eye for a refill in spite of the fact he was 2 tables away. As the night went on, restaurant was completely full. Server did not take our food order until we were there for one hour. Food was good but expensive considering the poor service. I loved the town and there were many other restaurants to try so I will not be going back.