“Unedible Steak”

Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 147 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South
Transit: The Union Pacific/West Line Metra train station is one block south of Wildwood
Bartlett
“Unedible Steak”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

We have been going to this restaurant every Sunday for the brunch for about the last 5 weeks now. Today will be our last visit there.

It was our first time outside, service took for ever and you guessed it food was cold. We
could see our server had about 11 tables and let the service slide. But when my son's steak and eggs came out I never saw such a look on someone's face as he was chewing his bite. We were all asking him what was the matter, and then my husband took a bite it was unbelievable how terrible it was. My older son then said he didn't want to say anything because he knew how nuch his Dad was paying for his meal but the prime rib had so much fat in it he felt like he was digging for gold to find any meat at all.

We finished up and our waitress asked if we wanted the narly steak wrapped up so we just told her it was unedible. She said she would get the manager who never came over. I used the restroom only to find an empty dining room with the owner and a couple of servers doing nothing?? Could they not run food and check on patron"s?

My husband knew who the owner was as he had watched him tour the restaurant with potential party planners. Thinking he would care about the quality of the food he was serving never mind the service he breifly told him about the steak to which he answered "maybe my cook forgot to clean the grill " end of story. End of our business

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank L_BBartlett

Ottawa, Illinois
“Disengaged waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

It is referred to as a "dining experience" and a big part of that experience is the wait staff. The food was good--not excellent (I had the swordfish and my wife had shrimp and scallop dish). The overall ambience was good. But the waiter we had seemed disengaged with his job and a bit arrogant. I have no explanation--we were suitably dressed and engaging. On the other hand his helpers were excellent. The bus boys were both pleasant and attentive. When a couple goes out for $100 dinner we expect the staff to be helpful and friendly. In our case we got neither from our waiter.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Shanny53
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Wonderful Sunday brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

We introduced a friend to Wildwood's Sunday brunch. The Eggs Benedict and Grand Marnier French Toast were delicious. Fresh fruit and Bengets are an extra treat. The ambiance is so relaxining and upbeat with the manager coming over to meet and greet.
It is a "don't miss" in Geneva.

• Visited July 2011
Aurora, IL
“A little pricey, but great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

Wildwood is a great dining experience in downtown Geneva. The menu seems fairly typical steak/seafood, but the quality of food is high. The flavors are also rather unique. For example, the creamy basil dressing on the field greens is absolutely delicious.

The restaurant is beautiful, the wine selection is great, and the service is impeccable. My husband has a food allergy and the servers have always been great making sure that his dinners were dairy-free.

Wildwood is a little on the pricey end, even for downtown Geneva; but for a special occasion or if you have a lot of money to burn, I'd highly recommend.

• Visited September 2010
Elburn, Illinois
“Best Steak joint in Geneva”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

You want a good steak? Go to Wildwood in Geneva. The service, food and atmosphere is great. It does get a little costly, but in my mind it's worth it.