“Nice Atmosphere and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Claddagh Irish Pub

Claddagh Irish Pub
Ranked #51 of 147 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Williamsberg
Geneva, IL
“Nice Atmosphere and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Now I know what an Irish pub is supposed to be having lived in Ireland and this is an Americanized version. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've eaten here several times for lunch and dinner and the atmosphere is pleasant and the food good. I especially enjoyed the appetizer of pretzels served with cheese dipping sauce. My husband loves the fish and chips and the Guinness is first rate. We will be back

• Visited July 2014

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great Pub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Firstly who are these people posting on here who equate pace with quality? Seriously if you can't wait 20 minutes for food then go to Maccy D's or something. So uncultured!

Great. Called on spec and got shown to a great outside table. Friendly server.

Drink choice
Pretty good. Pear cider served nicely chilled.

Good basic menu with well prepared food. Reasonable portion sizes. Bangers and Mash, colcannon, steak, stews..... All good!

I'd say about right. 18 bucks for a tasty 8 oz sirloin is fair. Cider was 6 bucks.

Only thing I would change are the restrooms. Not enough of them.

I really enjoy eating here and will definitely return.

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Nice food and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place has decent menu and beer selection. Beer for the more premium brands was quite reasonably priced, and food was pretty good too. Service was OK. The place has a nice decor, though wasn't very crowded when I was there, on a Friday evening. Just a few other people at the bar then. Bar didn't have many TVs, which was slightly disappointing.

• Visited June 2014
Aurora, Illinois
“We like it . . . but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We visited Claddagh on Father's Day (early dinner), and when we arrived, there weren't that many people . . it filled quickly. Our waiter was attentive at first .. . our drinks and appetizer arrived in good time. However, our dinner arrived at least 30 minutes after our order was taken . . . this is in line with some of the other reviews . . meals taking so long. We like the food . . everyone in our party enjoyed their dinner. I just don't know if they are short staffed (waiter never visited 'till we were about finished) or what . . it's too bad, because location, atmosphere is great.

• Visited June 2014
North Aurora, Illinois
“a Claddagh ring means you're taken... I think I'd like to 'see other people'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I love a good pub, dark warm wood, mismatched tables and chairs, plenty of beers on the menu... in this case, Claddagh has all of this in spades. However, the service for a Friday night (5:30ish) left something to be desired! We have three young kids so we tend to dine early and avoid the 6-7pm rush if it's Friday. I took the time to call ahead and see if we needed reservations, they kindly offered to hold a table for us till I asked for a 5:45 time and then they just said, "Oh, don't worry, you'll be fine." When we got there and asked for a table for 5, they said, it might be 10-15 min's. I mentioned I called ahead to avoid waiting and they conferred for a few min's and then seated us. Okay, cool. We sat, a server came over within a few min's and we did the typical order-water-for-everyone-while-we-work-who's-eating what... he took a little while to get back to us and I was cool with that, we were sat in short order, maybe he was a little slammed at the time, etc. Then we ordered and asked about the Gluten Free options for my wife... She was interested in the fish fry (which was marked in the menu as GF) but she declined when she heard it would be plain and not breaded in Gluten Free breading... she then ordered a burger which was also marked as GF (note: this means Gluten FRIENDLY which he pointed out) and I ordered the fish and chips (I'm not Gluten restricted) and three kids meals. The kids meals came out in pretty decent time (15 min's or so) and I enjoyed a cup of very tasty clam chowder in the meantime... then we waited and waited... the manager came over and we were friendly joking that we came here to watch the kids eat, then we waited some more. Now, I'm a big fan of getting the kids their food first but when the kids finish their meal and are licking their fingers and we just are getting our food, then there should be some offer to babysit the kids while we have a chance to enjoy ours or something! (kidding but seriously our food came like 15 min's after the kids got theirs) Then, the kicker: My wife's burger came out looking for all intents and purposes like a real burger..so I verified with the server that it was indeed "a gluten free burger, right?" He looked at it, then said "Oh normally our gluten friendly option is JUST the burger with no bun, I'm not sure why they put this on a bun." Luckily we didn't want to argue since we just wanted to eat but if my wife had a serious gluten allergy, that would mean her burger was contaminated and would lead to a BAD night if she still ate it! That was that, we ate the rest of the meal, he dropped the check and I tipped at about 15%. I might come back sometime by myself to try some beers and pub grub, but I can pretty much guarantee we won't be bringing the family again, sorry Claddagh....

• Visited April 2014