“Food was Terrible!!”

Cross street: Williamsberg
Glendale Heights, Illinois
“Food was Terrible!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Been here before for dinner and food was average. This time went for lunch about 1pm. One would think that having lunch at 1pm would be okay but beware. My wife ordered the Corned Beef and Cabbage...corned beef was cold, tough and tasteless; potatoes were cold and cabbage was soso. I ordered the Fish & Chips....fish was lukewarm like it was sitting for a while and warmed up in microwave; breading or whatever it was separated from fish. Chips also were cold. Guiness as usual, was cold and great. Waitress was accomodating; had no complaints about the service. She apparently told the Manager about our complaint about the corned beef and the manager graciously offered another dish but my wife declined. Don't think we'll visit again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank pupule

Elburn, Illinois
“Irish Atmosphere + Good Irish Food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm sad to read that some people weren't real impressed with the Claddagh. I've gone there many times with friends and never had a bad meal, and the service was always excellent. The atmosphere is very Irish as it seems the owners have visited Ireland many times. --This is a great place to bring out-of-town guests as besides its good food it's located in an upscale outdoor shopping mall that has many stores that out-of-towners especially would enjoy.

The hardest part of doing these reviews if when you ask the date of the visit. I go there often, so it's many dates!

• Visited April 2013
Round Lake, Illinois
“Great Food ooutstanding service and atmosphere .”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife Janet and I have been there a number of times the Irish cusine is delisous the english fish and chips are great .
The atmosphere is so relaxing you hate to leave.

Chicago, Illinois
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love ambiance but a little table lighting so you can read the menu would be a great help. The menu is somewhat disappointing. Their idea of steak is sirloin? how about some options, that would be nice. We ate here 2 years ago on Halloween and I had prime rib which was super. Since I general do not eat sirloin I went with the Corned beef and Cabbage. My parents were Irish immigrants as well as my grandparents and the corned beef and cabbage was like no other I have ever had. Pretty bland! The best thing about the meal was the spinach dip appetizer and the beer. If you are looking for authentic traditional Irish fare, I would look elsewhere

• Visited April 2013
Sugar Grove, Illinois
“New old building”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The venue is nice; decorated to look old. The fireplace is a nice addition since we went during the winter. The room we were in was made to look like an authentic Irish castle. I know what the real ones look like and this was a reasonable try. The craft beer selection is very good. They have outdoor seating with a fireplace for use during the summer.
She had the meatloaf sandwich with pub fries and I had the Jameson burger. Both were flavorful and the portion size was ok though, the burger was a bit smallish for the price. Overall the food was good but only an ok value. One thing that irked me was the .75c charge for ranch dressing. I always find that irritating when places do that. Like most places, it use to be better. I give it an almost thumbs up overall.

• Visited February 2013