“They didn't dust and waitress and host didn't respond to complaints.”
Review of Egg Harbor Cafe

Egg Harbor Cafe
Ranked #6 of 149 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Saint Charles, Illinois
“They didn't dust and waitress and host didn't respond to complaints.”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Went recently with friends and it was a poor experience. The top of the wall, between our booth and booths on the other side, had a distinct layer of dust all over. There was also a service issue at our table, which I immediately brought to the attention of our waitress. At first she just looked at me with a smile, we waited some seconds and she said nothing, so I figured she wasn't listening. I repeated the complaint, then all she said was, "oh". No apology. We would've left right there but someone else was paying, and we didn't want her to feel like we didn't appreciate her kindness. Sat through the meal. Pancakes were thick and had good texture and taste. Fresh squeezed oj was ok, nothing great. Egg creations had lots of selections and variations. A lot of the patrons were yelling and carrying on at two tables on either side of us. Never noticed wait staff or hosts walking to them to ask them to quiet down at all. Too loud in there for us. After the meal we walked to the host to settle the bill. Host asked, "how was everything?". I told the host only about the service issue at the table, and all the host said was "sorry". No offer to discount the bill. No follow-up from the host. The bill was paid, and we were allowed to leave the tip, so it was just 15% (which I was told is the minimum expected now). We would never eat there or let anyone take us there again.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank hdbangr11

Geneva, IL
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is the one place all my picky kids can find something they like and usually eat everything off the plate. They are very accomodating. My youngest doesn't like eggs and its never been a problem to add an extra piece of bacon or sausage instead of the eggs.

Visited April 2012
“Best choice for breakfast, and a great choice for lunch too.”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The food ranges from good to great, and you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. They chance the fairly extensive menu with the seasons and have daily specials. I rarely get the same thing twice so it's never boring. This place is part of a chain, but the Geneva location is run like a family restaurant with friendly professional staff and management. The food is always consistent, that staff always willing to cater to our special requests and we get good value for the money. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals, and I don't like taking chances on it, so I go to the Geneva Egg Harbor whenever I go out for breakfast.

• Visited April 2012
Batavia, Illinois
“Love breakfast here”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Geneva is very lucky to have an Egg Harbor. Gary and his team have been together since coming from Wheaton years ago, and this speaks volumes to me. Lately the food has seemed a little off, but still very good. Love breakfast menu; but soups, and chicken salad are also stand outs. The fresh squeezed OJ is so good!

St. Charles, Illinois
“Rock Solid Breakfast Fare”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Everything you'd want in a breakfast place. Not spectacular or inventive, but never disappoints.