“Charming Chongchon”
Review of Chongchon Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyangsan
Chongchon Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hyangsan
Ireland
“Charming Chongchon”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Guys you have to remember you are in a country that probably has no notion about hotel grading systems in the rest of the world or no notion about Westerners hotel expectations. All in all I found this to be a pretty charming hotel. It does the job for a one night stayover. The rooms were quite nice although had to wait a while for hot water but something like that would not bother me. Also electricity went our often but again no big deal. It was in a nice quaint location with spectacular river view. It even had a decent lounge bar area. So considering there are about 20 hotels or less in this country its not a bad start hence why I give if 4/5 for the country that its in. In saying that if this hotel were in a modern country I would give it 2/5 - you must remember these hotels have to be put into perspective of the country they are located in.......!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Ciara32

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The one and only "budget" option in the Myonhang area for tourists, the hotel is adequate enough, but the night I stayed there I was greeted by a bathub full of cold water and a sink full of bugs. The toilet didn't flush and there was no hot water, and the beds were hard as rocks. The room in general looked dilapidated, although renovations were clearly in progress...the hallways of the hotel look beautiful, and construction was going on everywhere, so things may be improving soon. The restaurant was so-so even in comparison to other tourist offerings in the DPRK, and I think I got a little ill from the bottled water. Nevertheless, this was an adequate enough place to stay for one night...but I would not want to stay here more than one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Skiold

Been to Chongchon Hotel? Share your experiences!