“Most memorable trip ever!!”

Lemlunay Resort & South Point Divers
Manila, Philippines
“Most memorable trip ever!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Me and my three foreigner friends, two american tars and a hot korean gal, had a month long vacation in Sarangani province. Those guys decided to stay in this resort because its near the site for their paragliding, about a fifteen minute drive to the landing area and a great plus factor that Lemlunay is also a diving site! Their employees are all way hospitable. They are all friendly, their front desk Ate Moriel and Loila, waiters Ate Wela (who invited us to her son's birthday party! awesome!!) and Muy-Muy (he's very fun to be with, our personal waiter), bartender Kuya Llyod, chef Kuya Ken (I love his chicken parmigiana), Kuya Dindo (best diver master ever!), Mr. Paul, the owner and I might miss some of their names but all of them did their best to give us a great service. We really enjoy during our stay. There's this infinity pool, a diving spot, great spot for snorkling too, and a fish sanctuary. We saw a lot of lion fish, different species of fish, turtles and oh yeah, two dolphins! Night diving was the best though! You can set a bonfire and have some smores too. Its a very relaxing resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just stayed here for three nights to do some diving. The hotel is situated on a cliff overlooking the ocean, and watching the sun rise from the restaurant area was just spectacular. The hotel has a small dive shop and some decent wall dives just a few feet from the base of the cliff. My girlfriend and I also went snorkeling but there isn't really a beach. You walk down a set of stairs which takes you right into the water.
Very good infinity pool, large and well maintained. There weren't many people there when we were but be advised that this hotel, like many Filipino hotels, allows day guests to purchase access to the pool.
The rooms were large and clean. There was cable TV in the room and I thought that the channel selection was fine. WiFi did not work in the room and you have to go to the restaurant.
We ate in the hotel restaurant every day and I thought the food was pretty good. There is a sari sari across the street where we bought soda and snacks for the room. The hotel policy says that they don't allow outside food or beverages but nobody said anything to us.
This is a good provincial Filipino owned and operated hotel that is fine for a short stay if you're a diver. For non-divers be advised that there is nothing to do in the surrounding area and you will quickly become bored.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RadarKing
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

the place is a perfect diving site for those who love exploring the underwater beauty if the south. also a perfect venue for diving starters. delicious menu awaits you as you rest for the rest of the day. a bottle if ice cold beer as you watch the clouds touch the surface of a calm sea.

• Stayed May 2013
Davao
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Was booked for 2 nights, arrived and the reception was unaware of the booking. They could not decide if I was there for 1 night or 3 nights - it was if the number 2 as in 2 night had been erased by dark forces

The directions to our room was pointed lips and there was no one available to help with the baggage or show us the room.

The TV did not work so after a trip back to reception (there is no phone) was told although they advertise a TV - it does not actually receive any channels

OK off to find the pool - looks good - on the way back to the room to change stop and have a luke warm beer from a ice box served by a non smiling bar keep. (in fact no one smiled)

it was then I found out that the "bar" closed at 9pm (WHF)

Off to the pool with one of the face clothes from the room that they thought was a towel. Jumped in and immediately went blind - or sow I thought until I realized the water was so murky that you could hardly see a hand in front of your face

After my son had finished fishing out various debris from the bottom of the pool including some live slug type creatures, it was decided to go back to the room for a shower

The Shower controls are are not identified hot or cold (separate taps) so I hit lucky with my 50 50 choice and got the hot - after a few moments it was hot so I attempted to mix in some cold to find the handle spinning around in my hand with no effect to the water flow

So wrapping my postage stamp towel around me I send the Mrs of to complain in her local language

After she cam back it was obvious we was going to have to wait so I donned clothes and headed of to the bar. Asked for a beer and a rum and coke - off goes bar keep and comes back with a bottle of rum, places a glass and a can of coke in front of me along with the bottle, When I asked her if she expected me to pour my own drink - It then dawned on me that she was selling me the whole bottle and not a shot (they do not have any hard drinks for sale) - when i asked the price for the bottle of local rum priced at a few peso at the local stores I was told 1350 peso. I declined the kind offer

Back to the room - maintaince had been and gone with no difference to the cold water

Back to reception - asked to see the manger, "out of town today sir" Supervisor? "out of town today sir" How about the mobile numbers? ha ah good joke

Can we fix your shower tomorrow sir? -

OK, now getting fed up - let me speak to someone in charge or I will check out now

did that work ....... No so I left with out a hint of apologises and went to a local hotel instead

Mr partridge Sir (the owner) sort out your resort and staff - great spot and idea for a resort but it needs to be looked after

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PDD-101

Travelers are raving about these Sarangani Province hotels

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,129 helpful votes
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My party of three enjoyed a drink and a snack here while touring for the day.

The consumable charge per head was P100.

The resort suffers from no beach, but it really is for scuba divers so I suppose on balance that's of little concern.

Gardens are well maintained. The restaurant could do with a little modernisation, but is pleasant enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Victorianlad
Singapore
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We are day guests of this resort, and we need to pay Php400 (Can be used for food or drinks consumption at the restaurant). Our friends who stayed here before shared that the rooms are pretty basic and clean. The resort keeps upgrading herself, because it is owner-run by an American husband with his Filipina wife.

The fresh calamansi drink here is awesome and I must say the premises are so well maintained! Dessert is only ice-cream !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MouMou
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed there with a friend for two nights and I must say that even if there are other beach resorts around Davao City, Lemlunay Resort in Sarangani is worth the trip out.

Lemlunay resort is 30 minutes out of General Santos City, in Bgy. Kamanga, Maasim town. If you are coming from Davao City like myself, take a bus from the Ecoland terminal going to General Santos, which will cost 240 pesos and will take 3-3 1/2 hours. Once you arrive at Gen San, you can go directly to the van terminals (quick trycicle ride will cost 7 pesos minimum) for the 30 minute trip (40-50 pesos). The resort entrance is by the road and is well known to the vans plying.

We got the garden view room, which is a bit far from the cliff, and costs 1,200/night, with free breakfast. Amenities are very basic (a/c, a double bed, bathroom with h/c water) a side table and a chair, but you really don't need too much because you will be spending most of your time in the pool or in the sea.

There are poolside rooms (to the left of the restaurant, 3,000 for 4 persons, free breakfast for 2) and oceanview rooms (in front of the gardenview rooms to the right of the restaurant, 2,500 for 4 persons, free breakfast for 2) to choose from. There is no cable TV in the area right now, but maybe in the future?

The infinity pool is BEAUTIFUL, with a fantastic view of the sea, very clean and well maintained. During weekends, expect to share the pool and your frontage with day tourists, but it is fairly quiet on weekdays and you can almost have the pool all for yourself.

The food is very good, although there are no other seafood dishes except for fish. But the choices in the menu is quite delicious and well prepared. Expect a 10-15 minute wait after you place your orders, but it's no big deal because you can spend the time just staring at the gorgeous view.

There is wifi only at the restaurant. Aside from some piped in music at the restaurant, the resort is QUIET and very relaxing.

The staff are very polite and unobtrusive, but are present and quick to attend to your needs, especially Sugar, who was our server during our stay.

I am definitely going back soon and highly recommend this as a place where you can visit outside General Santos City, for a change. It is still undergoing development, but already, their existing facilities are already more than adequate. I'm looking forward to the improvements!

Room Tip: The resort accepts day tourists, so expect that they will be converging in the pool area, so the cab...