“OK Overnight Stop”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“OK Overnight Stop”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I booked this hotel on a business trip visiting customers in Peoria, Davenport and Galesburg and this property was central to all. It is a "dated" HIE from the mid-90s. It is a good stopping point for folks traveling cross country, it is right by I-74 and has easy access from the freeway. It was clean and quiet. There is an indoor pool and fitness center if you or your kids need to burn off some energy from being in the car all day. Breakfast is standard HIE fare; cheese omlettes, biscuits and gravy and the usual breakfast items. Staff was very friendly. The mattress wasn't as comfortable as what I've experienced at other HIE locations. There aren't many dining options close by, but there is a large grocery store next door.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tbfltri8
HotelServiceRep, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for sharing the positive feedback about our staff. We will make sure to pass it on to them. We are currently in the process on doing some updates to our hotel and hope to be finished with them in the first quarter of 2014. We look forward to hopefully doing business with you in the future.
Guest Service Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Monmouth, Illinois
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful over night get away! Everything was excellent! Easy parking, nice quiet room, awesome breakfast! Very friendly staff! I have knee problems and very much appreciated the easy access room we were given right off the elevator.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelServiceRep, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Julie M.,
Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased to hear we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I travel for my job and stay at various HIX locations throughout Central Illinois. This property has been in the very bottom half, easily. My room was pretty dirty,
a sticky ring on the nightstand, floor in bathroom had visible dirt, carpet looked like it hasn't been vacuumed in a few stays, walls in room were physically dirty as well. I just like staying in a room where I feel comfortable taking off my socks. Here, not so much! Had my thermostat sat to 65 and it was definitely more like 75 in my room. Had set on constant fan and on high it sounded like an airplane taking off, on low it barely made a sound. The uneven temperature made the room and my overall stay not very comfortable. Couldn't sleep well at all, I'm disappointed!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank nrb922
HIEGM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear nrb922,
Thank you for taking the time to share you concerns about your stay at our hotel the Holiday Inn Express Galesburg. We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide to our guest. It is a disappointment to hear that we fell short in delivery a positive experience during your stay. We will be sharing this feedback with our management team and staff, using this info to improve will allow us to provide a better experience to our guest and especially you for future stays.
Please contact me either through this site as a private message or I can also be reached at the hotel. We would like to identify the guest room you stayed in so we can correct the maintenance and housekeeping issues.

Ryan Cochran
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2013

An older HIE. However, upgraded showers, beds and linens. Nice amenities mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryer, microwave and refrig. Unfortunately, the refrig was so loud, I had to unplug it to sleep. The temp was hard to control as well. Would have liked to have had a night light. Usually I just keep the light on in the bathroom and close the door. However, the noisy vent didn't allow this. There isn't a nice restaurant within walking distance...although there are plenty downtown. I went across the street to HY VEE and had a simple chicken dinner for about $5.00! Not bad. Check in/out was easy and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Semomu
HotelServiceRep, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We are currently putting a plan together to solve these issues. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I spent a night here on a longer trip, and the property seemed very clean and nice. Linnens were typical for Holiday Inn Express, with choice of Soft and Firm pillows, nice towels, good assortment of toiletries. My room was on the third floor, with a King size bed, microwave, mini fridge, and bathroom. Location is convenient right off I-74, with a grocery store and gas station in walking distance. Restaurants are down the street, an easy drive. The staff was very nice, and I had no issues during the stay. Internet access was excellent.

The only thing that keeps this from getting five stars is that the property seems a bit dated and in need of a refresh. The exterior paint was a bit faded, and the interior of the room looked like it was older. It was clean, but there was some chipped paint, extra caulk around the top of the tub where wall paper was starting to peel, and the like.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a good stay here. Of the larger chains in Galesburg, this was our favorite. The staff was pretty friendly and helpful with a full hotel. The breakfast was good. The room was ok. Everything was pretty clean. Very clean compared to some of the other hotels in Galesburg. The pool was a bit heavy on the chlorine, but probably safer that way with the number of people that were using it over the course of our stay.

As with all hotels in Galesburg, you have to pay way more than you'd expect. That's we've gone to staying in Peoria. We pay less and get better quality. I'll deal with the drive. That being said, on future trips where I need to stay in Galesburg, this would be my choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Doug V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Doug V,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Our goal is to ensure you feel valued and appreciated and I am happy our hotel exceeded your expectations. I am glad to read you liked our staff service, clean hotel and breakfast options. We would cherish another moment to host your next stay when you are in the area again. Thank you again for your review.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Loami IL
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice and friendly place to stay while traveling with pets. The staff is very accommodating. Highly recommended. Extra charge for the dogs was not out of line. The only draw back is the rooms look a little tired. They are clean and well stocked. An empty refrigerator and a microwave are standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank micnmac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 10 in Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg? Share your experiences!