“Short but Sweet”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My daughter and I were in town for a Knox Open House. They offer a Knox discount rate if you contact them directly and was offered this rate at check in. They had cookies at the front desk and staff was very pleasant and helpful.

We were on far edge of town, it is right off highway, but with car it was no problem getting to Knox in 5 min. in am. Breakfast was self-serve and had eggs and sausages; breads; cinnamon buns; yogurt; juices; coffee tea. Plenty to start the day.

Room Tip: although we were on highway side, the noise was minimal
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank twourns

Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was our 4th stop on our cross country trip from San Fran to RI! It was very welcoming to come "home" to after a long day driving. Our room was very comfortable, and great beds. We really liked having flat screen TV's. But the real highlight was having a US Senator staying there the same night. And his security detail, with black subburbans. It added a little excitement for our stay there. We had an amazing meal at the Creperie in town. Very inovative menu, and great desserts. The breakfast the next morning was very good as usual for HI Express. I can't get enough of the cinamon rolls, and coffee. I almost didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Great stay. Knew my name and had my reservation ready when I arrived. Only down side was the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night. Located next to a park so I was able to run outside.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

clean fine hotel - no problems - was a one night sleepover and it served its purpose quite well --- go downtown and the landmark cafe for a very nice meal

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had to wait for check in, there was a sign on the counter saying lady was helping another guest, but upon finally returning she never bothered apologizing for keeping us all waiting, there were three guests waiting to check in by the time she arrived back. The room was fine, breakfast was good. Spa jets were not working and the chlorine level was so high we couldn't stay in there as it literally stung our eyes. There's a park to run through if you are a runner, which my husband enjoyed. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the parking lot as noise could be a problem if facing major road.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I would stay at this property once/6 weeks for business reasons. The staff was always very courteous, new my name, always had reservation ready. The accomadations are reasonable and they get quite a lot of business. Unfortunately I dont travel to this area anymore...I actually miss the staff. Best location to stay in if in Galesburg area...in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My children & I traveled to Galesburg by train. For our return trip, the train wasn't scheduled to leave until 4:30 p.m. Management arranged for us to occupy the room until 2 p.m. (check out is at 12 N), and then set up the breakfast room with a T.V. to entertain my children until it was time to leave for the train station. WOW!

Room Tip: Book early. Pre-pay.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
#8 of 10 in Galesburg
Super 8 Monmouth IL
Super 8 Monmouth IL
#2 of 3 in Monmouth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galesburg? Share your experiences!