“Gem in Galesburg”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
usa
“Gem in Galesburg”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very friendly place; people dress up to go here - but they still accepted us in t-shirts and without reservations, which we really appreciated.

The food was top-notch in my experience, with some adventurous options both for dinner and desert. Penny-pinchers that we are, we even sprang for desert and Turkish coffee. Good wine and Scotch selections. Given the opportunity (several hours drive) we will go there again.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank webgrazer

Galesburg, Illinois
“Food was really good, but pricey.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stopped in and put in a to-go order for two. I'd purchased discount certificates off of the internet and lunch menu's were a lot cheaper than dinner. I'd ordered a Brie Burger & fries and Spicy pasta dish, Both were great, but averaged about $10 each. I'd do it again if I buy the discount certificates for half-off. It was clean and waitress's were polite. Clean is a great thing to me!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Linda P
Monmouth, Illinois
“SLOW service, unoriginal food that never changes”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I think Chez Willy's likes to think of themselves as very special. But everytime I've been there the service is SO SLOW, the food is not particularly special or original and they rarely change the menu. The prices are sort of high for the area and the restaurant itself is not particularly charming.

Visited May 2012
St Louis
“Great place”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We love this place. The food is excellent and ask for a sazerac. one of the best around. Owne and staff are fun and easy going people. If in town chose Chez Willy for dinner.

Aledo
“Fantastic place to eat!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Don't pass this place up. Food is fantastic . Very happy belly's :-)
Good atmosphere, excellent service